Hansen Emperor vs......

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has ever listened to the Hansen Emperor speakers? How would you rate them against eg. Marten Coltrane, Kharma speakers and the Avalon Eidolon Diamond for instance?

I've heard good things about Hansen but have no experience with them, Could anyone describe the sound?

Thanks a lot
maxx1973
Csng1, I am not sure which is wrong, or anything particularly wrong with Hansen King, it may be the room treatment, cable, or something else, anyway, the dealer's demo system (DCS + Soulution + Hansen) sounds not revolving, cold, and oversized. And the worse, like Bvdiman said, the soul resides in system is not that "full".

If you wanted to ask what's the better choice, you know both Bvdiman and I will answer the same......

What electronics you will use for Hansen?
Csng1, BTW, the gentleman start the thread Maxx1973, also in our Txxxx camp now.
Quanmer
i am using Krell FPB600, Aesthetix Calypso, Aesthetix io sgn, Mk2, VPI classic/dyna xx2mk2.

i didn't go to the RMES Hansen Emperor with Aesthetix electronic. They said sounded very good. they i am refer to those JV, and those guys.
Csng1, looks you are not totally a tube guy, although I have never listened Aesthetix sound, but the combination could be ideal to good sounding.

If you have not conclude your oder of Hansen speakers, i urge you to read Bvdiman's system, there are a lot of useful information, especially the speaker part, he quite precisely describe each rig he has used before. Sometimes I wish he can be one commentator in audio magazine, may become my favorite writer.