DAC Selection

I listen to vinyl mostly, but with my recent speakers upgrade I found digital sounding quite good and have been thinking to invest in a better DAC. I use tube gear - tube preamp, SET mono blocks, etc. I am using big full range 3-way speakers, highly efficient, very dynamic, going almost flat down to 20Hz. Most of the gear I use is either DIY or highly upgraded commercial products with exotic parts. The DIY products are all built by me, either from kits or from well-known simple and good sounding schematics. Listen to all kind of music but mostly jazz and blues. 

Looking to get the best DAC I can for my system. My budget is $6K. I can try building one myself, buy a kit, or get a commercial product. Besides building one myself, three DACs have caught my eye:

• PS Audio DirectStream DAC
  • Schiit Audio Yggdrasil 
  • Audio Note Kits DAC 5.1

I have listened to several DACs and found the Analogue Devices chips to sound more musical in my system than the newer Sabre chips. But that could be due to the DAC implementation rather than the chip itself... Never heard an FPGA DAC like the one from PS Audio. The Audio Note Kit looks great in terms of design, components, and quality, but I would never know how it sounds until I build it, so can’t really audition and return if I don’t like it like I can do with the other products on my list. 

Another idea going through my head is to try building one myself - get the cleanest regulated power, the best digital section I can find, and a high-quality analog section with the best components available. And I might end up with a very high-end DAC. But again, you invest a lot of money, not knowing what the end result would be.

Some days I wish I could not solder. With all the choices we have, it is already so difficult to make decisions, and when you add DIY in the picture you make the decision making process a lot worse. And when you open a commercial product that costs $5,000 and find parts for $450, that makes you think really hard if you spent your hard-earned money the best possible way. But let’s not go there… I am happy to spend $6K for a PS Audio DirectStream DAC if I am convinced that’s my best option. And I will certainly audition that 

Any comments, suggestions, recommendations? 

nenon
"Blow away" ? I realize mlapenta that's your opinion but it comes across as stale hyperbole. I honestly doubt that the  Denafrips, AN or SW1X Audio Designs would be outperformed (or blown away)  by the Chord Qutest DAC.   Again,  just an opinion. 
Charles 
Ok, let me clarify, yes i heard all the PS-audio mentioned (owned a few) and the Denafrips.  All good to great machines.  my humble opinion is that given his 6k budget, the 2k Qutest will stand it's own or beat many at that price.   And any discussion on the highest end  would have to include the "Dave" although it's 10k so.....   
@mlapenta Which Denafrips DAC have you listened to? The only one I am considering is the Terminator. Thanks. 
I heard the Pontus and given how good that was, I'm sure the Terminator must be amazing.  
If your budget is 6K you should include the Metrum Pavane in your list to audition.  I have the Metrum Onyx and it is absolutely amazing.