DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj

I've never really gotten the arguments about blind testing.  It's a tool and it can be useful.  But Geoff is 100% correct that someone else's results in a blind test are irrelevant to YOU.  You must be the subject for the test to be useful.

I use blind tests when the results of non-blind testing are not obvious, or when differences are obvious, but my preference is not. 

Happy listening!

It’s not that someone else’s blind tests are irrelevant to me. It’s not that at all. You misquoted me. What I’m saying is ANY blind test taken by itself has no meaning and cannot be generalized to make some grand sweeping statement. So, a single test can have no meaning for the person doing the test, too, not only me, Especially if the results of that test are negative. Now, if there are say ten blind tests by different people in ten different systems then I might look at the data. Raise your hands if you still don’t understand.
@djones51 some will always argue that blind tests are useless. If this is so, then sighted ones must be ten times more useless because vision adds nothing to the objective evaluation of sound as anyone working in sound production will readily testify. In fact vision can be a good way to mask sonic defects.

The fact is blind listening tests are most feared by the people with something to sell. All of a sudden when hugely expensive cables, amps, CD players are put in against their budget counterparts in an objectively fair setting healthy profit margins evaporate into the ether.

Consider that over the decades despite much superstitious nonsense written about Ouija boards, the fact remains that when the users were blindfolded nothing but gibberish was ever produced.

If you really want the sonic truth then close your eyes. No one listens like the blind.
No baiting here. You can’t hear well so how can we talk. Lol.  Any way different cables. Different sounds. Find the ones you like. 
cd318
@djones51 some will always argue that blind tests are useless. If this is so, then sighted ones must be ten times more useless because vision adds nothing to the objective evaluation of sound as anyone working in sound production will readily testify. In fact vision can be a good way to mask sonic defects.

The fact is blind listening tests are most feared by the people with something to sell. All of a sudden when hugely expensive cables, amps, CD players are put in against their budget counterparts in an objectively fair setting healthy profit margins evaporate into the ether.

Consider that over the decades despite much superstitious nonsense written about Ouija boards, the fact remains that when the users were blindfolded nothing but gibberish was ever produced.

If you really want the sonic truth then close your eyes. No one listens like the blind.

>>>>I really mean this, the best thing to do with that post is file under Whatever.