TAS and the Martin Logan Source

Guys;

Any among you that have given the new ML Source speaker a serious listen? I read the review in TAS by JV and was intrigued. Unfortunately, my only option for hearing them around here is Magnolia in Best Buy, and the conditions there are so bad I can't really judge the speaker.

Any comments?

Thanks!

Dan
danlib1
I too read the review and was/ am curious on these. If you're shy; call another Mag. store and see if they do the 30 days, exchange/refund thing.-- Be aware it may take the full 30 for breakin; but you'll have a pretty good idea.
further thoughts on the source:

i see two problems with the speaker, namely the panel itself and the crossover point.

the panel is the second generation electrostatic technology.
it is more resolving than earlier ml panels, such as the cls's, sequels, and quests.

i heard a quest last night. it was very unforgibing of poor recordings. the new panels are even more revealing and detailed. be careful to provide a "gentle" signal or , you may get a headache.

the woofer crosses over at a a frequency in the midrange. integration between panel and cone could be a problem. i would suggest bringing cds with kick drum, male and female voice , etc., to test the integration.

i am looking for a new speaker. i was considering the new clx. after hearing the quest, i feel the panel is too unforgiving for me.
Just bought a pair in order to downsize my whole system and free up some money. What I ended up with is a finer pair of speakers than anything I owned before and my previous ones include Wilson Sophias, JM Lab Micro Utopias, Proac 1SC, Paradigm Signatures, B&W 805 just to name a few.

The uniformity, scale, dynamics and musicality are way beyond the price tag. It's pretty scary how under-priced these are. I'm still in disbelief. My best audio purchase by far in the 30 years of doing this.