Speaker Choice for Almarro 318B

Guys, I'm a budding audiophile looking to jump up to tube amps after a few years with an Arcam/B&W integrated combo. I've become smitten with the Almarro 318B integrated tube amp and now I'm in the market for some affordable speakers that will suit the amp better than my B&W DM 602 S3 speakers. The room is approx 14'X 16', hardwood floors with a small area rug, celings are approx 10' high. Speakers will need to be placed close to the wall. I listen to an eclectic mix of music that veers from noise rock to experimental electro acoustic to HEAVY avant metal ala Sunn O))) to more traditional things like PJ Harvey and Radiohead. I'm in need of a good speaker recommendation. I've been looking into Green Mountain Audio Europas, Zu Tones, Gallo Ref 3.1s, and the Omega Super XRS speakers. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? If I had the cash I would get the GMA Callistos based on reputation, or the Zu Druids, but I don't think I even have the space for these speakers. I am leaning toward a used pair of Europas for $650 shipped. Should I take the plunge? Please help! I want a speaker that will be a noticeable step up from my current setup...Will the GMA Europas mix well with the Almarro 318B? Thanks!
mbleming
It is not necessary to use a sub as I am getting down into the low 30's in my room(14x17 with 9.5 ceilings) and that is tight fast quality bass! You should be able to pick up a pair of the De Capo's for around 1000$ I actually had to put some bass traps in the corners I was getting so much. Sean
I have the 318B and just ordered a pair of the Hornshoppe Horns (www.hornshoppe.com). The price is $850 delivered from Ed Shilling who makes them.

They have gotten good reviews on 6moons and other sites. Srajan at 6moons also thought the Horns and the 318B would be a good match when I emailed him.

I auditioned them a few weeks and was smitten. I think that for the money, you would be hard pressed to beat them. I did alot of research first.

Depending on your room and listening habits, you may or may not want a sub. I heard them with and without. As I already had a sub, it was not an issue.
Mbleming,

You can easily use subs with the A318B, I did. All you need is a subwoofer equalizer or sub amp that allows speaker-level inputs.

I use a Paradigm X-20 Subwoofer Control Unit. It allows both line-level and speaker-level inputs. So, I just run two sets of speaker cables - one to my main speakers, the other to the X-20 and out to the subwoofer.

If I remember correctly, the speaker level inputs of most x-overs simply have a -6dB or -10dB voltage divider in the line - really just resistors.

Oh, I forgot to mention, that if you have any woodworking skills or know a cabinet maker, you really should look into the $650 [url=http://www.hammerdynamics.com/]Hammer Dynamics Super-12[/url]'s kit. All you really need is 2 pieces of 4'x8' plywood.

But, don't let it's price and simply construction fool you, these speakers are awesome. With some [url=http://melhuish.org/audio/super12.html]simple modifications[/url] listed here, you can take them up to an amazingly high level of performance for very little total money.

I have them and they are really fantastic, even in comparison to my expensive Cain & Cain IM-Bens.
I think that you'd be surprised if you heard the Sequerra MET 7.7 mk 6. Tellig reviewed in Sterophile not long ago. It's a design that's been around for many many years...and for that reason, I think its fallen off the radar of many of the present audiophiles...not as sexy as some of the newer desings. But I just keep listening to all sorts of monitors (you know that audiophile need to make a change every once in awhile for no reason whatsoever)...and I just can't find anything that tops my MK 4's .... So I've given up the idea of owning anything but Sequerra monitors...now I'm going to buy the MK6 (a little bigger and a little deeper). And for $850 I think they are cheaper than most of the competition.

BTW...I want an Almarro 318B...which is why I'm in this thread. T