Speaker Choice for Almarro 318B

Guys, I'm a budding audiophile looking to jump up to tube amps after a few years with an Arcam/B&W integrated combo. I've become smitten with the Almarro 318B integrated tube amp and now I'm in the market for some affordable speakers that will suit the amp better than my B&W DM 602 S3 speakers. The room is approx 14'X 16', hardwood floors with a small area rug, celings are approx 10' high. Speakers will need to be placed close to the wall. I listen to an eclectic mix of music that veers from noise rock to experimental electro acoustic to HEAVY avant metal ala Sunn O))) to more traditional things like PJ Harvey and Radiohead. I'm in need of a good speaker recommendation. I've been looking into Green Mountain Audio Europas, Zu Tones, Gallo Ref 3.1s, and the Omega Super XRS speakers. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? If I had the cash I would get the GMA Callistos based on reputation, or the Zu Druids, but I don't think I even have the space for these speakers. I am leaning toward a used pair of Europas for $650 shipped. Should I take the plunge? Please help! I want a speaker that will be a noticeable step up from my current setup...Will the GMA Europas mix well with the Almarro 318B? Thanks!
mbleming
Ditto on the matching the 318B with either Almarro or Zus.

Having only heard the M1A speaker with the 318B, I was quite suprised at how nice it sounded . . . especially bass-wise. Nice, tight, clean, and very dynamic; though not quite as dynamic as the Zu Tone (via the 318B). This comparo was made easy as the local dealer reqresents both Zu and Almarro in Hong Kong. I can imagine that the bigger Almarros sound similar, albeit exhibiting larger scale and frequency range.

I've heard the entire Zu range with the 318B and they all sound wonderful. Focusing on the Tones, this, in my opinion, would be a fine match. Together they exhibit quickness, clarity, and tone (no pun intended) that is hard to beat.

My 318B has been on order for a few months now and should be arrive in about 2-3 weeks. It will be paired with my Aurum Cantus V3Ms and I'll be sure to post my thoughts asap.

Cheers,
Garry
I auditioned the Almarro speakers at their So Cal distributor. Very nice with Jazz and classical, which the owner played for me. I also played Innervisions by Stevie Wonder from my vinyl collection and was amazed at depth and musicality.

Zu Tones are a solid recommendation--they have good dynamics. I would also recommend Paradigm.
Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate the info. Garryh, I'd love to hear your impressions when you finally land that 318B...I've only just ordered my own as well.
Thanks!
Michael
I've owned a 318B since August 07....look for a speaker match that's 8 ohm nominal and 92db or better and you'll have plenty of power to play loud...this amp does high frequencies like none I've ever heard and the overall tonal purity is very good...it's not a micro detail machine but a musical sounding amp...the power tubes take about 100 hours to settle in and then hold their bias without drifting much...the manual bias is very easy...just get a multimeter, it's not difficult to do. I like the amp and it's looks, only wish would be for a little more detail.
Larry
Interesting Larryken,

The bias on my 318B was always rock steady after the first ~30 hours. And I think I only had to adjust it twice in that time.

You used the exact term that I kept returning to as I tried to describe the amp to others - "tonal purity". That is the best possible description.

BTW, I just saw pictures of Almarro's new monoblocks from the recent trade show. I think they are Class A PP and use the same output tubes as the A318B. Yowsa!!!