Speaker Choice for Almarro 318B

Guys, I'm a budding audiophile looking to jump up to tube amps after a few years with an Arcam/B&W integrated combo. I've become smitten with the Almarro 318B integrated tube amp and now I'm in the market for some affordable speakers that will suit the amp better than my B&W DM 602 S3 speakers. The room is approx 14'X 16', hardwood floors with a small area rug, celings are approx 10' high. Speakers will need to be placed close to the wall. I listen to an eclectic mix of music that veers from noise rock to experimental electro acoustic to HEAVY avant metal ala Sunn O))) to more traditional things like PJ Harvey and Radiohead. I'm in need of a good speaker recommendation. I've been looking into Green Mountain Audio Europas, Zu Tones, Gallo Ref 3.1s, and the Omega Super XRS speakers. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? If I had the cash I would get the GMA Callistos based on reputation, or the Zu Druids, but I don't think I even have the space for these speakers. I am leaning toward a used pair of Europas for $650 shipped. Should I take the plunge? Please help! I want a speaker that will be a noticeable step up from my current setup...Will the GMA Europas mix well with the Almarro 318B? Thanks!
mbleming
the heresys are pretty dynamic even at low to mid volume. they will also show off the amp's midrange which is very lifelike. you can put the speakers in corners as well. good luck.
Jaybo, do you think the Heresey's are a a speaker that will be a significant upgrade frommy B&W's? This whole switch came as a result of just getting bored with the sound of my Arcam Diva A75 integrated and the B&Ws...I figured a switch ti tubes and better speakers would do the trick. I haven't even bought the amp yet actually, but I do have my heart set on it. I'd imagine the Heresey's might work well with my Arcam while I save for the Almarro. Maybe I will seek out a dealer to listen to them.
I was also looking onto the Axiom M80ti speakers, perhaps they might be a good match, though maybe too big for my room.
have a relatively low budget and interested in highly efficient speakers.
i auditioned several models of his including single driver speakers (ala omega) using various drivers (fostex, hemp cone, etc.). these speakers can handle rock/pop stuff and be great fit for almarro or other low-powered tube amps.

he's based in southern and northern california and local auditions can be arranged.
check out fritzspeakers.com
he's a great guy.
the heresys are quite different from the B&W's. they are one of best buys in audio, if you dig the 'feel' of 'live' unadorned music. they are very close in character to the larger klipschorns with the exception of the bass. compared to more traditional multi driver speakers, they sound(by nature) more forward. they also do not 'image' as well as the B&Ws, or other smaller speakers.....what they will do (for a very reasonable amount of money) is put you in the front row of a live event.......suprisingly they are not fatiguing either. the fact that they have such a following after decades(some enthusiasts have owned forever)is a testiment to their sound.