DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
david_ten
Post removed 
Post removed 
@reggy  
the debate whether power cable or any cable make any difference has being going for decades. 
some people claim they couldn't notice any difference, perhaps, IMHO they were listening for the wrong things or expect some dramatic changes in sound which isn't going to happen. There are also many occasions whereby audiophile's wife / friends notice minor changes in tones / dynamics etc..  these people are not audiophiles, but just maybe knows better than others in appreciating music. 

one analogy i could draw from is : 
the same piece of music /classical song being conducted by different conductors. i guess there would be slight differences in presentation of the same song, and if we are not careful enough, we won't notice what had changed within the song that being conducted by a different conductor. 
Post removed 
Very well, I'll take that into consideration for the listening process.

I did my research and went for this one:

Pangea Audio AC 14SE MKII Signature Power Cable 3.0 Meter

I'll do an ABX test and let you know, there seems to be a lot of claim off Amazon that it makes a difference, although from experience with computer reviews the reviews didn't help me off Amazon.

I also bought a Monoprice USB-A to USB-B 2.0 Cable - 28/24AWG, Gold Plated, Black, 3ft 6ft and 10 ft cables.

Will let you know after extensive listening if these make a difference!

Thanks,

Reggy