Schiit Mani - Sent in for repair, no response. Looking for rec's on a replacement preamp

Hi Everybody - first time posting here.  I've run into a serious issue with Schiit.  My Mani ran into a hardware issue (dead left channel).  I mailed it to Schiit on July 3rd, they received it on the 10th and emailed me confirming they had received it and would get back to me in a few days, but to no avail.  I've emailed them a couple of times and just called their number and no response.  I'm getting the feeling I'll never receive my Mani back at this point and I'm not sure if I have any legal remedy to get them to respond (at this point, I don't understand why they didn't just send me a replacement unit). 

So I started looking for a replacement phono preamp.  I have a VPI Prime mounted with a Nagaoka MP-110. Budget is set at 500ish. Any recommendations that will wipe the floor with that piece of schiit?

Thanks in advance,

George 

gloco
@mulveling  thank you!  I just found a Manley Chinook on here :-)  I sent a message to the seller regarding what else is included (ie type of tubes, packaging).  Hopefully it's still available.  Once he answers back I'll make him an offer, hopefully this time I will get it!

After the Chinook I'll look into replacing the Nagaoka with a quality MC, the carts you mentioned are out of my budget until I'm rich, but I'll spring for a cart in the 1k region.  

Really appreciate all the guidance you and the rest of the folks on here have given me.  Kudos to all of you!
This is a real late reply but just my two cents: as to Schiit not answering their phone etc., I find that to be a little sad. If one has ever dealt with Rogue and called them you always get a real person. Heck, I even had Mark O'Brien answer and he is the freakin' owner! More companies could take a lesson from Rogue.
Another two cent opinion, and it is this (and someone else commented on this very fact): the Mani, while it may be very good for its price, it is an entry level piece, for people with entry level turntables. If you are using a good table and cartridge, you do owe it to yourself to stretch and get a decent phono preamp. I too have tried to find that "giant killer" for a next to nothing price, and it is not there. Once I realized that and spent some money for a phono preamp with good power supplies and some flexibility, I heard a lot more and realized what I had been missing. More often than not you do get what you pay for...