Pioneer EX Speakers

Anyone heard the Pionner EX speakers?
kana813
I was really interested in the EX-1s. I believe they retail at about $7k here in the U.S. the last time I checked. They did not sound too impressive a few years back at the Stereophile show in L.A. They were driven by all Bel Canto electronics. After the show, I wanted to listen to them again at a retail location. I had visited Pioneers website and lefted multiple e-mails requesting for retailer information throughout the past two years, but had never received any reply except the automatic replies indicating that they had received my request.

I heard the TAD-1 at RMAF last month and liked what I heard. I would really loved to get a chance to audition the EX-1s. Unfortunately, from the experiences I've had, I take it that Pioneer is not too eager about selling those speakers here in the States?

FrankC
It has been ten months since the last post and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this line yet, especially the S-3EX? Thanks
I am getting ready to purchase a pair of the S-2EX's. I will let you know how they sound!
The Pioneer S-3EX speakers (TAD drivers) are incredible and best bargin out there for the money.

I ended up selling my Sonus Faber Elipsa speakers because the Pioneer S-3EX out performed them in every aspect at less than half the price.

The Pioneer S-3EX speakers have one of the best imaging and resolutions in a full range speaker.

Do yourself a favor and go listen to the S-3EX speakers and you'll understand what I mean.
I have listened to 3ex briefly and found something special about it too. Mfsl, what is the rest of your system can you please share?