Can someone explain to me why : Accupahse Equipment is that expensive ?

…….I was recently looking into their Power Conditioners as well as their Amplifiers and for a company where there is very little reviews done on their products, along with a small ( here in the US anyway )  almost a cult following if someone could tell me why is their prices the way they are. I just don't understand it. I have listened to their equipment and is nice and the build quality is very good but ; I always said to myself ; '' Not for that price ". I do not mean to be in an any way inflammatory with this statement but is :  Accuphase the McIntosh of the East ?  McIntosh makes some nice stuff but is no way priced like Accuphase, however it seems to operate very much with the same business model ; you are paying for the name and the pride of ownership and the sound is very much dated. Maybe I am missing something here and the sound is very good and like Rolex you buy a piece and you are set for a lifetime. FM Acoustics is also another one of the those companies......Just looking for a really good amp and these companies come up in my search but I am just sitting here scratching my head ?           
garebear
Post removed 
1) Importers and retailers all adding their profit margin
2) It's extremely high quality product - very pure electronic engineering

I bough a P7100 off the brochure last year. Couldn't get to hear one. The unit weighted in at 124 pound and is twice as large as it looked in the brochure. Quality amazing. Performance amazing. Sound amazing. 

I looked at MacIntosh. Strange output transformer device circa 1960's thinking. Makes the output stage cheaper to build. 

Accuphase are in a different league. Parts made in China? Japan produce many electronic components, many never leave Japan.
I owned many brands before accuphase, I was thinking the same way like everyone, that it is way too expensive. But since I got it I became fun of it . And I realized I lost lots of money during that time because the price was the barrier. No one equipment is built like accuphase, functionality is exceptional, sound is depending who likes what. For me sound is great too. This is my last purchase, now if I got nothing else to do , I’m playing with cables turntables things like that. Audio is addiction and I like changes , that is like looking for hole in brand new pants. 
It has been said that if you want to tell time, buy a Timex.  If you want a family heirloom that your great great great grand kids will wear, buy a Rolex.
I think cars make a better analogy than watches.
Some quality gear costs more than other equally as good gear does because people just decided they will pay more. Its somewhat rare but common enough to keep it in the conversation so prices stay up.

You mentioned looking at other quality amps.....Not looking at Canadian (Bryston) is like saying you would not look at a German auto when looking for a quality vehicle. 

Bryston has  the sound. The build quality. The support a 20 year warranty and $ retention.