Sjofen The Clue speakers

I bought a pair of The Clues from Lars about a month ago for my bedroom system. I decided to break them in with my main system, which consists of a Modwright LS100 preamp and KWA 100SE amp, Oppo 105 CD player, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Jolida phono preamp, and a SOTA Star TT. My main speakers are Joseph Audio RM25XL floor mounts speakers, which are fantastic. I have had many stand mounts in my system over the past few years, including GMA Callisto's, EOS HD's, KEF LS50s's, Ascend Acoustics, Usher 718 Diamonds, and a couple others I now have forgotten.

I am simply blown away with the musicality of The Clues, particularly with their dynamic extension. These speakers go really low and are extremely well balanced. They perform optimally when placed directly against the back wall of your listening room.

After listening to them for a month, I will go out a limb and say they are nearly the sonic equal of my $4300 JA speaker! I could go on and on about how fine The Clues sound, but I will say that I have never had a stand mounts speakers in my system that performed as fine as these do. For $1000, they simply have no reason to sound as wonderful as they do, but they absolutely do. You owe it to yourself to give these little gems a listen. Friends that have heard them in my system have come to the same conclusion that I have: they are fabulous, full-range speakers that are modestly priced. Highly recommended!
whitestix
I recently picked up a use pair of The Clue’s, from someone who used to build them in Seattle. Paid $400, they are in great shape and he threw in a pair of Supra cables that currently sell for about $400... :)

I love them, they are some of the most revealing speakers I have ever heard, at least at anywhere near their price point.

I use acoustic panels (Roxul Rockboard 60 2’x4’x2") at the primary reflection point on the side walls, and behind them.

The bass does extend low, but I don’t think it is quite as full as so many of the reviews seem to indicate. Aside from that, they image fantastically and are extremely musical, detailed, revealing.... (etc). ( I have followed every placement recommendation precisely)

FWIW, their systems room is 11.5’ x 13’ x 8’. I have bass traps, but as the manufacture recommends I don’t use them for the Clue’s. They are on the 11.5' wall, right up against the acoustic panel, and about 20+" from the side walls.

I like to pick up used speakers (in this price range at the moment) and compare/battle them, and sell the "loser". The Clue’s recently beat out a pair of Linn Keilidh speakers w/3 bar tweeter. And I just picked up a pair of Vienna Acoustic Bach’s (again for $400). The Clue’s are more revealing than the Bach’s, imaging is similar, the Bach’s have much fuller bass.

Part of why I am sharing this, is the stacked Clue’s look intriguing, not sure if I could find another used pair or not for under $500... But would you need a spacer? If so, how do you judge the spacer height?
If you find a pair of Guru QM10s buy them. I really regret selling mine. That’s the big brother. 
Ahh before someone says I’m wrong I am. The Guru Jr is the smaller version of the Guru10. Not sure if affiliated with the clue. 
More to discover