Apple TV Streaming Sound Quality vs Streamer?

I am looking for the weak link to improve sound quality.   Seems logical it is the Apple TV as a source.  Would a moderate streamer inside of $1500 make much of a difference when streaming Tidal and the like?  

Current Equipment:
Speaker: Dali Euphonia MS-4
AMP: Modwright KWA 150 SE
Preamp/ DAC: Peachtree Grand Integrated
Source: Tidal / Apple TV
puffbojie
puffbojie:  I have not been able to get streamed hi-res files to sound anywhere near as good as my CDs and LPs. I really wish that wasn't the case. I have a great MF dac, and a good asynchronous MF V-link to get the files to the dac from my computer. But the hi-res sounds flat and very little sound-stage.
Whereas the CDs sound almost as good as my vinyl. Different, but almost as good. Very large. accurate. sound-stage. Great vocals etc.

Dave 
Steve from Empirical:

Does the Synchro-Mesh improve the optical out of most TVs, especially Sony?

If it's PCM, the answer is yes.  If it's Dolby Pro-logic or Dolby Digital, you need the iFi SPDIF iPurifier.

Does the Synchro-Mesh improve the optical out of the Apple AirPort Express (sadly becoming legacy)?

Absolutely.  You would go optical into the SM and coax out to the DAC.

Do you know of a high quality AirPlay streamer (source only) that can take the place of, or improve upon, the AirPort Express?

To get a higher quality streamer, you will need to change to DLNA/UPnP renderer like the Empirical Audio Interchange or the Sonos Connect with Synchro-Mesh.

The Interchange will play up to 24/192

The Sonos Connect will play only 44.1

Interchange will deliver 10-12 psec of jitter at all supported sample-rates from these outputs: S/PDIF coax, AES/EBU, I2S SE, differential I2S on HDMI connector.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=156409.0

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

I have not been able to get streamed hi-res files to sound anywhere near as good as my CDs and LPs. I really wish that wasn't the case.

The streamer you use and the playback software is the usual culprit, but also FLAC encoding will never sound as good as .wav files, like the CD playback.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

I guess I don't have the gilded ears (or revealing enough system) to hear jitter.  As much as I have obsessed over this, I have come to the conclusion if I cannot hear it (including long listening sessions), I won't worry about it.

There must be something else holding your system back if you don't hear the benefits of lower jitter.  Active preamps are the usual culprit.

The uRendu is a good choice BTW, but I have gotten away from USB after designing 6 generations of it.  Ethernet is easier to make stellar.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Steve N (and anyone else with streaming experience):  Thanks for the info, Steve, I've been trying to decide whether to expand my CD collection (which can be very affordable right now), or begin streaming, where there is unlimited music available.
The issue is that I like a large, room-filling, sound-stage, with good detail in the instruments/vocals, and so far, CDs and LPs are the only sources that have provided that for me.
And from what you are saying; even with a leading streaming service, and a good playback software, it's still not going to be as good as my CDs.
Would one of the new DSs help? The good ones are kinda pricey, tho.

Dave