Best nearfield monitor?

Hi,

i search a nearfield monitor which offer true deep bass response. The possibility of rendering dynamical contrast and extreme dynamical outbursts without compressing or cracking up. Top notch resolution and control is a must.
What are your suggestions?
Prices may vary from low to ++.

Thanks for all forthcomming inputs, it's highly appreciated!
128x128inpieces
I am in a very small room and sit about 4-5 feet from the speakers. The Wilson WP7 is terrific in the nearfield--in fact, that was what they were originally designed for. Soundstage size is huge, transparent, and the instruments easily stand out from the mix. Add their bass and dynamics and I would vote for them as one of the best nearfield monitors. If you think about it, the WP7 is a combination of a nearfield monitor (Watt) and a bass bin (Puppy). If you buy a nearfield monitor you need a stand for it. So why not use a bass bin like the Puppy that goes to 20Hz instead of a stand that adds nothing to the sound. If you want a small monitor for imaging and detail, I agree, but why not get the bass, dynamics, and power handling of a larger speaker in a small package that works well in the nearfield?
I would also recommend the SP Tech Timepiece. A very well engineered speaker that will provide excellent and detailed bass response and, will output SPL's that will crack the plaster on your walls long before it shows signs of stress.

http://www.4sptech.com/version2/timepiece2_features.html

For an active studio type monitor the Meyer Sound HD-1, although quite expensive is another well engineered full range monitor that can ouput extreme SPL's while sounding neutral and clear.

http://www.meyersound.com/products/studioseries/hd-1/
I listen to a lot of music in my office at my desk and have a used PSB, Epos, Spendor and currently Usher S-520's. I love them. They are rated down to 52Hz and give me a lot of detail and "space" whether played loudly or softly. And they're $400!
It sounds like you may enjoy some Reference 3a De Capo i's . A nice little standmount rated to 30hz. with only a capacitor as a crossover network . Quite an easy load requiring only @ 5 watts to drive . I use them in a small room , 10ft. X 10ft. , and nearfield at @ 6ft. Resolving without being harsh . Very clear and smooth .
The one caviet , they love tubes . I have not heard them sound their best with SS but some have .

Good luck .