Best value Bookshelf speaker

I'm trying to decide which bookshelf speaker to acquire. I just purchased a Bob Carver Dominator 8 Sub which seems good. Will hook it up to an old Audio Research D90 and SP-12 pre-amp (tube/SS hybrids). I have a pair of JSE floor speakers that have Dynaudio drivers and have always loved them, but now are too big for my new room- it's a marriage thing!

I've listened to Dynaudio Focus and Vienna Acoustic Haydns and both sounded nice. The VA salesperson said he did head to head comp w/Dynaudio and the VA's were superior.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks.
jamesk58
In my food chain have been SF Concertinos, Dynaudio 1.1,s,
Taylor Ref's, Silverline SR17's, Dzurko Jaguars (wonderful speakers), and Gershman X1's and to my taste and PRICE the Gershmans were a very nice surprise and sound. I also have a Selah audio MTM and then things really went way up the ladder. Enjoy as many as possible! I don't now if I will ever reach the peak!
Merlin TSM. They aren't cheap, but you will stop looking. Bobby has the best customer service possible.
I went to listen to the Von Schweikerts and two customers who were just leaving said "don't bother, we just did a comparison with the Focal Chorus 807's- blew them away"

They did sound incredible. Soundstage and imaging were fantastic. Much better than the Vienna Acoustic Haydns I heard yesterday.

I may just buy them tomorrow for $750 out the door. I know I won't be disappointed based on the way they sounded and he was running SS Cambridge Amp/Pre-amp. I'll be using ARC tube gear.

I also listened to some Totems which sounded nice but nearly as well as the Focals. Couldn't touch the imaging/soundstage.

The only issue is I really nead to stay with the 806 due to size constraints. The only dif is a 6 1/2" mid vs the 7" in slightly smaller cabinet. My sub should handle any low end missed but these speakers already had very nice low-end.
James,

I really really urge you to at least listen to the Polk Audio's, if you can get past the name and plan on keeping the speakers for awhile I think you'll be suprised at how bad they'll make most of the speakers mentioned in this thread look.