Mellow speakers for a digital piano

I have been trying to get my digital piano to sound more mellow instead of so sharp / tinny.

What I have been using are Focal CMS40 powered monitors and JBL LSR 305 powered monitors.
I get a nice clear sound but it is too sharp, yet.   I have tried EQ boxes and even that does not do it for me.

I hear piano sounds (internet) from various sources and I long for that sound from my piano.

I wish to find something I can put on a stand behind my piano and at ear level.

I have read things on this site that are encouraging but have no idea if what someone else likes is what I would like.    

Any thoughts ?
dmd_keys
To paraphrase 

dont shoot me
i am just an audiophile
with a piano gig on the side

I use Genelec 8020 active monitors with my Nord Electro 5 and Korg Stage V1 tube keyboard. I also have a Traynor K4 keyboard amp with tubes.

http://traynoramps.com/keyboard/product/k4/

I’d say you need tubes if you want a sweeter sounding piano. That or a much better piano.

The above combo is ideal especially as the Korg has proper weighted piano keys and the Nord has organ style keys - I can midi out from the Korg to the Nord keyboard as well as split the keyboards to have two different sounds simultaneously.
IMO your on the right track with powered speakers just the wrong maker.. Look at Audioengine & Kanto..They have a richly balanced sound & I see no reason they wouldn’t give you what your looking for...