Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Hey Gentlemen,

This week I'm getting AricAudio's new Push-Pull amplifier in for review.  Since, Aric's SET amplifier, which I have already reviewed, was superlative, it will be very interesting to see how his new Push-Pull design will sound on the Tekton Speakers (Ulf's and Impact Monitors).  I'll run it in Triode mode with EL-34's which will produce around 20 watts per channel.  Aric believes he has gotten a lot of the SET magic in this amplifier, which of course offers almost double the power.

@lancelock,
Your 'second system' is looking pretty sweet! Been anxiously following your posts for some time. I'd have to estimate around 140, maybe 150 hours on the speakers. You probably have read it as well, but I know some have opined that the DIs need somewhere around 200 hrs (think one might have said closer to 400 or 500 hrs) to be fully broken in. So I'm pretty content w/ the current sound, but will have no complaints if it continues to improve!

@corelli,
Always appreciate your take and advice. At the moment I'm thinking that I agree in that I probably don't 'need' subs with the SEs. Although, there is a part of me that has always loved feeling the pressure that a sub(s) can create in a room. I'll  keep you posted.

@david_ten,
Cheers!
Hey Gentlemen,

Just spent about 8 hours listening to AricAudio's new push/pull amplifier.  Based on what has been shared on this thread already regarding Aric's superlative and cost effective amplifiers and preamplifiers, he has another winner in this 20 watt, in Triode mode, single chassis design.  His goal was to get the tonality/timbres and spatial qualities of a SET amplifier with much more power and bass control normally found in a P/P circuit.  So, if you are looking for more powerful tube amplifier to drive your DI's, and yet have much of the musicality of a SET design, this amplifier could be for you.
@teajay  Thanks for the update, Terry. Higher power output with SET like character and quality sounds like an ultimate winning combination! Congratulations, Aric.
@david_ten - Thank you sir! I've been building and tweaking basically non-stop on a few new designs. It's good to finally hear some seasoned ear's opinion (other than my own) on this new Push-Pull.

@teajay - That's great news! I'm stoked that you're digging the EL34's in Triode mode, I felt that was as close to the SET sound as a push-pull could get, plus there's a few tricks of the trade in the circuitry which allow more even harmonics (what make us all love a SET amp) to pass through. 

For anyone that may be into more power, the amp can also use KT88's, 120's and 150's- in either Triode or U.L. mode for up to 65 watts per channel essentially making it somewhat of a "universal" amp.

Best wishes, Aric