JL Audio e112 or HSU ULS MK2

Hello everyone,
Trying to decide between dual JL E112s or dual HSU research ULS mk2. Price difference is big but what about performance? Does any have any direct experience with HSU subs? I’ve heard great things about HSU but never heard one in person.

I do 75% movies 25% music.
Thanks in advance.
danimaz
@bdp24  I thought you were gonna stop posting. stop sounding like an old angry 80 year old dude! 

Hi Danimaz

I have an HSU VTF-3 MK4, since 2010. It came with a test disc containing a true 16hz pipe organ signal from Saint Seans pardon the spelling. It has two ports and can be plugged or just one at a time. The Q adjustment can vary if you want the so called fast sub but really just either extends the low end or not. Subs don't do transients. It has snap and is well damped. It performs very well considering the price. If you are not a novice, I am sure you can tune it in correctly for both your speakers and your room. 2 of them would blow out your windows if you wanted. Save your money and try HSU you won't be disappointed. If you want very fine and money isn't an object try Bag End.

I also own an HSU sub and found it fantastic to integrate with my Maggies and now I use it with Triton ones which have built in subs. Bass integration with music is fine. and with movies it will blow you out of your seat. save your $ and get 2 HSU subs!
Unless your doing it in your own room subwoofer demos are somewhat useless. Successful subwoofer integration in any system for both music and HT is not about output its about control.

That said, what model pre/pro or receiver will you be using to control these non DSP subwoofers?