1K sleeper MC cart?

My Audio Technica ART9 is going to Soundsmith for a rebuild. Mine almost made it to 3 years!

I'm considering just getting another one because I've been so pleased with its performance.

Curious if any ART9 owners have found a similar "sleeper" in the same price point. I can't go
any lower(.5mv) in output. Its going on a VPI Classic table.

tablejockey
Agreed, a crashed cart just isn't the same with a replaced cantilever

The ART 9 really is a great all around package.Coming from Benz Glider and Sumiko Blackbird, those two, to my ears were opposite each other. The 9 is somewhere in the middle.

Taking the leap of faith for the 9 was rewarding. Finding a different cart that exceeds this time around, may be more difficult. Very subjective and
expensive.

sbrownnw-
The AT33PTG caught my attention a few years ago, but I passed because of extra expense of a step up/cables. I have also read the 33 may present itself as warm compared to the 9. Not my preference.

As mentioned, if I bothered with that, the ART7 is the one I’m curious about. I’d like to try this model, since it’s a different build than others. The AT50ANV looks interesting, but its still a few hundred more+
Air core/low output likely not happening$$.

Is the SA version just a tweaked PTG for the US market?

https://www.lpgear.com/product/AT33SA.html

If you can find used Zu denon 103/R then send it to retip with MR stylus ,it was awesome!
mine go to Andy with sapphire cantilever,and with my classic is suit my taste of music and Best bang for buck spent to me.

The new Hana SL is terrific for the price ($750) and delivers .5mv. Very well reviewed and lived up to it as far as I’m concerned. A very reasonably priced cart that could keep the music flowing while your main rig is at Sound smith. And if you don’t like it, I’m sure you could sell for modest loss. Good luck with whatever choice you make.