Denon's new Blu-Ray player

Denon is releasing a hi-end Blu-Ray player for 2000.00.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/denon-line-show-2007/denon-introduces-2000-dvd+3800bdci-blu+ray-player-281915.php
rwwear
I am a late adopter usually. I bought my first laserdisc player after laserdiscs were on the way out. I paid quite a bit for Japanese Muse player. I never had a VCR till a HiFi model came out. I also waited for years to get a DVD player and only purchased a high end model less than a year ago. And it is a Denon 5910CI. I still watch laserdiscs and the sound can be amazing, much better than DVD. I even bought a VHS tape the other day.
Rwwear, You late adopter you. I bet you have one of those things that decodes the big flat black discs too.
Guys, let's understand what we are paying for here with the Denon; it's not a better picture it's the DACS. The majority of high end pre/pro makers have not come out with models that can decode the new hi-def audio thru HDMI(excluding the ridiculously priced, and sized, Denon preamp. I mean I'll spend $8,000 on a cartridge but $7,000 grand for a surround processor the size of Cuba?! Anyway, the Denon has high quality DACS in it which can send the hi-def audio to a standard pre/pro.

As for me I just but the Samsung BD-U5000 dual format player. It's great for me because I am heavily invested in both blu ray and hd-dvd. Now I don't have to switch players all of the time. The picture is amazing especially on standard def stuff.

I am sure someone is going to retort back that the picture is better on the Denon but I am telling you the price is all about the DACS!