Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Long and low is good. I have two shelves 1350 long ( 4ft 6in), top shelf at 450 high (18 ins), placed as far back as possible relative to the front of the speakers. 
Yes , mattnshilp i'm regularly following it & thank you again for doing the videos on power lines. It  Did help me reconfirm & plan my stuff.
While the power lines were discussed i was toying with the idea of getting balanced power or getting my neutral earthed, with an isolation transformer. 
I've decided to go the balanced power path.
let's see how it pans out.
All the best
Regards
@neoshah, what make of balanced isolation transformer are you considering? Probably best to keep analogue and digital separate?
@mattnshilp , have you heard about the Center Stage footers from Pitch Perfect Sounds? They are getting excellent user reviews. Any plans to try?