Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt, what was that convo we had about this last week?/?? LMAO....;)....I wasn't kidding when I said that was the best sound isolation I've ever heard and it was 100% vinyl.  It made the world of difference.  They were outstanding rooms too of course.
If you can keep the speaker cable runs under 8', you should be ok.  Longer is worse as we all know.  You could put the amps in the room with 3' runs and just run the interconnects from the outside.  Use the cable lifters on them and you will be fine.  It's all better than spending all that money on a 20k plus rack, shelves and then footers for most.  Just two shelves and footers for the amps.  your amps are so solid, that I wonder how much difference the footers will do for them.  
There’s pretty much no way anyone would
be able to put the amps in a different room and keep the speaker run under 8’. Unless you put them right below the speakers in the room under the room with the speakers in them. 

It would have to be the preamp to amp run. But this conversation is moot, since I won’t be doing that. ;)
LMAO....come on...just dig a new basement in the foundation......

:).....You would put the amps in the room next to teh speakers and JUST worry about a platform and footers for those two.  Everything else would be simple to set up.  The only long run would be the preamp to amps run.  I don't know if you even have the room for that and even if you did, you wouldn't easily be able to figure all of that out.  That was more for how this dealer set up his runs etc... (the one I told you about in Cali).  I think it was near Chatsworth or in Chatsworth.  

I just will always remember that back then, he realized there was a vibration problem and spent as much time on high end cable as he did vibration control.  His system sounded incredible and I forget what the heck he was even running.