Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
So you are saying that nothing beast super..........Gottcha!

Just a very difficult task to compare the footers and shelves.  So many variables. What I'm finding most interesting is that no matter what he does to his Burmeister Preamp that sits on it's own solid steel base, is that none of these seem to matter (Matt???).  Maybe more manufacturers need to work on vibration control in their gear and at least offer upgrades for bases......

CTSooner - you are correct. It seams to be impervious to footers. I shall still try the Qpods and the Shun Mook though. Just to confirm. Might have something to do with the massive plinth the preamp sits on. I do need to try footers between the plinth and preamp. Just to try.....
I just checked. There’s a lot of effort that went into the footers and plinth for the Burmester Preamp. The footer is milled and has a carbon fiber cone on the bottom that sits on a carbon fiber disc set into a milled hollow in the plinth. The footer is not attached with a single central screw. Each footer has 3 screws 120 degrees offset (ie. In a triangle). There was a LOT of thought and effort that went into vibrational damping. And it shows since it is abjectly immune to any resonance control devices.

Interestingly, the Burmester amps just have pretty standard footers screwed in and respond well to after market footers.
Quick Magico Qpod evaluation:

Under the Memory Player, the HRS Nimbus gives a better sense of dynamic presence and tightens the imaging. Makes the music more engaging with a better sense of pace and rhythm. That sheet metal case of the MP definitely enjoys the rubber! I have yet to try the Symposium Ultra shelf and rollerblocks under the MP yet though. I’m REALLY curious!!! It’s hard to move that stuff alone, but I’ve got to do that!!

I love the form factor of the Qpod.

I’d put the Qpods with the Stillpoint Ultra 5’s, Vortex and Ansuz Darkz. All excellent. Can’t really go wrong with any of them. They will all have a subtle voice of their own. I need to get them under the DAC to identify that voice though.

I’m still not certain that the Qpods are balanced and smooth through the full frequency spectrum. I think they may highlight mids and highs a tad. Await further testing and I need some other ears to confirm what I have heard thus far.
outstanding stuff.  Yes, that plinth of theirs needs to be used on other top products.  it's not the most difficult thing to have something like that milled and at least offer it for sale, lol....Pretty cool though.