70's Receiver and/or Integrated Amp recommendations

Hi folks,

Looking for recommendations for 70's Receivers and Integrated Amps that will mate well with my Vandersteen 2C's?  I recently sold my Roksan Kandy integrated and Arcam irDAC as I am getting more and more into listening to vinyl these days. I've been using my old Megatech TT-1100 turntable and it still sounds good after all these years. My 2-channel system is in a second bedroom I converted into a den or second tv room. My budget is $500-$600, but I'd like to use some of that (if possible) to upgrade my TT, but I can hold off on that if needed. I know there is tons of different vintage 70's gear out there and it all sounds different. My biggest requirement is finding the right one that mates well "has the chemistry" with the Vandy 2C's. 

Thanks, 
JSB
jsbach1685
I love the retro styling of such units, but it pays to remain realistic. An excellent new 2x100 watt amplifier with integrated DAC like the Yamaha AS701 will only cost you $800. The similar 2x85 watt Yamaha AS 501 will even cost you only $550. Both measure and sound exceptionally well, and you make a fresh start, without any need to recap etc. And these modern Yamaha amps even have a somewhat retro look.
See here for tests of the earlier units without digital inputs:
http://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/hi-fi/yamaha-a-s500-amplifier-review-test-395710
http://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/hi-fi/yamaha-a-s700-integrated-amplifier-393552
If you are into a receiver, the 2x100 watt Yamaha RN803 with all kinds of modern facilties is only $750.
Is the Kenwood KR-5030 any good?  There’s one in excellent condition near me for sale for $100. 

willenj,
I was curious about the a Yamaha AS Series integrateds. Marantz’s PM Series is supposed to be nice too. 
These Yamaha integrateds are very good indeed, as those in depth reviews show, with for example a load independent frequency response that beats just about any amp on the market. Harbeth used an AS701 at the Bristol hifi show to demo their P3ESR, if only to make their point that you do not need an expensive amplifier for their speakers to sound their best.
I like those old Kenwood receivers. I have a KR3600 that I bought for very little years ago. It looks stunning, but there are the occasional noises from the volume control etc, but that may be because I no longer use it. Power output of that KR3600 is only 22 watt per channel, which is audibly anaemic.
The tuner part was always a big asset of these Kenwood receivers, but for me that no longer matters. I have come to the conclusion that on balance the higher bitrate internet radio stations sound at least as good as FM, even if the respective weaknesses of lossy internet radio and FM are not directly comparable. Internet radio will only get better, and you already have this enormous range of stations from all over the world.
A properly restored Pioneer SX-1250 is very hard to beat with the right speakers (can sound a little bright otherwise).  I have one that I rebuilt myself and it produces some of the cleanest most detailed sound I have heard (gives up nothing to my old Proceed Amp 3).  Have heard many Marantz but they are too woolly sounding for my taste.  Many feel the 1250 is the best of the vintage Pioneer receivers.  Will never part with mine. 

Picked up a Sansui au9500 with matching tuner. Amp has been gone through with some components replaced with receipts a couple years ago. I’m honestly pretty flabbergasted how good this thing sounds. No way for what I paid would something new even come close IMO. 
The tuner worked great at the guys house. I not having much luck yet at my place but I live in the middle of the woods and it’s on the bottom floor of 2 story house.