PS Audio or Ayre?

So I'm thinking about getting the BHK signature preamp or, I just read a review on the AyreK5xe preamp. They both seem like great pieces. Anyone have a preference?
wuzzer
I've got an old set of Spectra 22s. Tandberg 3026a power amp. Rotel RC870bx. Rega P3tt.
You also need to look at the company and the people that work for it. I have been very happy with my PS Audio equipment so far. Good luck in what ever you decide.
PS Audio likes to totally changes designs which turns people off.  I have the Perfect wave DAC.  6 Years ago it was perfect.  Now it's a red headed step child.  Direct stream is now more perfect than perfect wave.

Ayre builds on the previous models instead of kicking them to the curb.  With Charles Hansen gone, however, this may change :(

The guy who made the comment about the McIntosh sounding better than Ayre sounds like a PS Audio dealer or a McIntosh dealer. Either that or he is tone deaf. Go audition one and see for yourself. I knows guys who have $30,000 monoblocks being driven by that pre amp and it really shines.

If you are going fully balanced I can’t recommend it enough. If not Ayre is not the last word in single ended design. If you are going single ended I highly, highly recommend the Belles Aria Pre Amp. It’s not expensive, is hand made, dead quite and extremely neutral. I almost bought one for myself and I’ve been listening to Ayre electronics for 14 years. You can even get it with phono.

pacmi03, the Ayre K5xe was their entry level at the time more than 10 years ago, so it is normal that it is beaten in performance by newer designs. Your friends that use it with 30k monoblocks are bottlenecking their system big time...according their system is not bottlenecked elsewhere in the first place, may I suggest for them to try something better. The K5xe has a nice timbre, but it`s older resistive design is eating resolution and transparency, that was my experience with it in my system.

I am not selling anything, just a normal audiophile that tried different gear overtime.