Tidal, Deezer

Could someone with experience with music subscription services please advise. My confusion is that these music services advertise that you can download music for offline listening. Wouldn't that be putting music files in your storage...creating a music library? I have had itunes and rhapsody, both of which you can download music files into your computer. Surely there must be others you can do the same? Thanks for any advice
128x128easola01
Keep in mind that the download option is only available for mobile devices and not PC or Mac.
Thanks everybody. So, if you "download" into a library for offline listening from tidal or spotify, if and when...let's say...Brian Eno is removed from the streaming list for licensing disagreement, is it also gone/removed from that library? If so that's no good!

Also, again, with itunes or rhapsody, you can download music into your computer. Why they allow this I don't know, but are they the only ones that do that? I mean, you can put the actual music files physically into your computer and have your own library...and do it for a $9.99 a month subscription. Trouble is, it is in alac (not good for metadata right?) and lossy.
Correct. You aren't getting a high fidelity output file.

Though, I have to say having the ability to cue up just about any album I want makes streaming so delightful. 
If you really want to have the music saved to your catalog, then just buy it. -Like we used to do.
B
easola - 
re your first paragraph - YES.  If the service loses rights to an artistist's album, it is no longer available - whether previously downloaded and whether currently connected or not.

re your second paragraph: DOWNLOADED Spotify music files ARE stored on your local device.  They just can't be played back independent of using the service's app located on your device.  

I have large music libraries in both Spotify and Tidal.  Not all the albums in these libraries are downloaded.  To access all content in these libraries, I must have a live, real time, streaming connection to the service (in my case, either Spotify or Tidal) via their app.

ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) is not lossy (though compressed).  The AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) format used for Apple iTunes Music service files is lossy and compressed.

Agree 100% w/gdnrbob - we are living in a Golden Age of music accessibility.  Spotify (preferred for it's larger library and - to me - cleaner interface design) & Tidal (preferred for superior sound quality) are treasures and fantastic avenues for discovering new music.  Still, if I find a gem that rewards repeated listening, I will purchase the CD and then rip to hard drive for playback through an Auralic Aries Mini.  To my ear, this format is better than Spotify, Tidal or the CD.

Ghosthouse....a few questions as you are very thorough in your knowledge and answers:

1) Why do you have tidal and spotify? Do you find very many tracks on one and not the other...therefore between the two a more complete selection?

2) Do you come across dropped licenses very often in these two services?

3) If I use itunes to develop a library, as I said it can download songs into your storage, what would be a really good metadata for AAC?

Thanks a bunch