Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Steve - these Timeters are available online anywhere from $150 - 300 US dollars. And in the USA so you will not be paying the crazy shipping cost, dollar exchange that I paid. They are serious hospital grade 24/7 units that are run to XXXXX hours then I believe just replaced with new units, as their lease, rental comes due. Hence their availability for purchase online from re-sellers, surplus dealers, etc... Ask about the hours if not listed in the ad, but for our hobby use, even 6-8 hours per day - it (high hours) is not of concern. they are $3500 US new.

I did not mean to conjure up thoughts of the "end" in my previous post. I was thinking more along the lines of being "winded". LOL
I am not ready to go yet. But I know it’s not up to me.

Harry - I am using one small weight/no bolt and am at the very end also on the main rig. This is the way it was meant to be. Also to give you an idea how light the 420str cart is - take the small weight Bruce sent you and cut it in half one more time. That is what is needed.  

@ct0517 ,

For the life of me...(did I just write "life"?) I still don't understand why people can't quite get the meaning of my posts?

It was meant to be funny!
I thought your post was funny. fwiw I have a very dry sense of humor.
What I don't get is how I can run for X kilometers every day, steady heart rate and go for a long time, up inclines and down... ..but if I run up the stairs one time, in the middle of the day, I am going to need that ventilator in the video.......no joke.

Came into my inbox this morn.

$65.00 only 534 hours.

If someone is interested just verify with seller that the Timeter compressor runs in the green. The picture of the performance gauge shows red. It was probably just turned on.
Pickup from a North Carolina location.