Balanced cables

Do different brands/levels of balanced XLR ended cables going to and from differentially balanced components make a difference?
128x128stringreen
Just to clarify, even if there are some recording engineers with 4 year educations they are not equivalent to 4 year science or engineering educations, you know, like BA Physics or Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Physics or EE. That would be expecting a little too much, no? In any case, my point is that whatever education a recording engineer has doesn’t automatically bestow on him the right to win every argument even if the argument is right up his bowling alley.
Actually EEs are not that rare in the recording world. There also those that are entirely by gosh and by golly. But like any field, they also attend the school of hard knocks. So its unwise to assume that without an education that they also don't know what they are doing.

How many have EEs, anyway, would you guess, 5%? 2%? 😛 They all have to do what their boss tells them, I hear. Even the EEs. 😀

Besides, isn’t it the recording engineers that have been aggressively compressing our favorite tunes for the last 20 years, with no let up in sight? Thanks a bunch!

Mr. Kait,

The producers, record labels or whoever puts up the money calls the shots on how and what the recording is going to sound like so why all the ill will directed towards sound engineers?

I wouldn’t necessarily call it an engineering education since they actually don’t take any of the real difficult engineering and science course, you know, like dynamics or even statics, or thermodynamics, or nuclear engineering.

You always forget the obvious; Music is an Art Form where people with TALENT in the Music Industry do not necessarily require a degree in the aforementioned science related fields in order to succeed. I never met a nuclear engineer working a recording desk or toured sound with an expert in thermodynamics but I am willing to bet, most of them listen and enjoy music.

Just to clarify, even if there are some recording engineers with 4 year educations they are not equivalent to 4 year science or engineering educations

That statement makes absolutely zero sense. It appears you are trolling for someone to fruitlessly argue with over meaningless lesser educated opinions.

In any case, my point is that whatever education a recording engineer has doesn’t automatically bestow on him the right to win every argument even if the argument is right up his bowling alley.

OK, now I am lost… where or who is the recording engineer and what is he or she arguing about?

In defense of sound engineers, no one is ever too old to start a career in the recording sciences. Mr. Kait, with your aerospace degree I am thinking that mixing music, repairing and troubleshooting a ghost issue across a 72 channel recording console while taking orders from a producer should be “oh so easy”, after all according to these statements you personally already have a higher degree of education than that of a sound engineer - correct?

You above all others should show more respect for the people who work in the Recording Industry. You are always touting, marketing and retailing your ‘audio wares’ while making a living off the backs of those lesser educated sound engineers - are  you not?

Show some class dude.

Robert

Star Sound

Had my Purist cables re terminated to balanced from single ended they use wonderful sounding XLRs.The sound get quieter and cleaner also louder as well big improvement in my system.