Balanced cables

Do different brands/levels of balanced XLR ended cables going to and from differentially balanced components make a difference?
128x128stringreen
I get buzzing if I use 2 sets of RCA cables with my standalone Phono stage. i.e. if I run RCA's from turntable into Phono and then I run RCA's into PreAmp I get buzzing. If I run Phono direct to Power Amps (phono has vol. control), no buzzing. Same if I go direct to Pre-Amp with inbuilt Phono no buzzing, but go standalone Phono into same Pre-Amp I get buzzing, so it appears two sets of RCA's from Phono sets off buzzing.
@initforthemusic This sounds like you may have a ground loop between the phono preamp and the line stage. This is usually caused by poor circuit grounding practice.

To test for this, try installing a ground cheater adapter, which you can get at the hardware store, and use it to lift the power cord ground connection on first the phono section, and then also try the power cord ground connection on the line stage. My guess is the phono stage will be the culprit.

Please note that you should not run the system this way as such can be a shock or fire hazard should things go wrong. This is just for test.

if I use the XLR>RCA adaptors from the RCA output of the Krell preamp to the PrimaLuna amp's RCA inputs will all be OK?
Maybe. I would talk to Krell about this, otherwise if in doubt use a Jensen transformer as suggested.
@atmasphere Thank you for taking the time. I must also add I have tried the ground cable from T/T on Pre-Amp, when using standalone Phono. So if Cheater Plug works what is the procedure then?

Thanks.
Recording studio’s and recording engineer’s could care less about
hypo/cryo nonsense. I find it amazing that we all buy our vinyl and CD’s
from companies whose master tape CD’s and master tape vinyl sound fabulous and guess what, just about all of these studio’s are using budget wire from Belden, Canare and Mogami for recording and mixing. Audiophiles love to speculate that they are more "technically" proficient and superior to well educated recording engineers and the recording industry, since they got their education from high end magazines, but the reality is Audiophiles live in denial and most do not have the technical education on the level of the best recording engineers and studios. Give me a break.

There are recording studios, recording engineers, mastering engineers, etc... who really go out of their way to use premium cables in their studios. Audiophile approved cables and gear.

The post is way over the top in projected falsehoods: cast and directed scorn, vitriol, and denigration, combined with unsubtle blunt force trauma delivered appeals to authority.
Well, let’s be honest. Recording engineers get what, about two years of training? I wouldn’t necessarily call it an engineering education since they actually don’t take any of the real important and difficult engineering and science courses, you know, like dynamics or even statics, or thermodynamics, or nuclear engineering. Besides, isn’t it the recording engineers that have been aggressively compressing our favorite tunes for the last 20 years, with no let up in sight? Thanks a bunch, guys!