Has Anyone Uesed A PrimaLuna Amp With Harbeth Speaker's

Hi guys, I will be on the market soon for a new amp and I keep looking at the Primaluna Amps, has anyone heard the Primaluna Dialogue Premium amp driving a pair of Harbeth's 30.1 speakers? these are 87d/b and I am not sure how this will work out?
128x128bigred71
Hey clarinetmonster2 where did you make your demo?  Was it a dealer?  What speaker tap did you use?  

Stereophile Editor in Chief John Atkinson used a PrimaLuna HP specifically because of bass performance "speaking with a unified voice" when he reviewed the 87dB efficient YG Acoustics Carmel 2. To my knowledge he has never used a tube amp to write a speaker review at Stereophile.  The fact that he chose the HP amazed even him when he said  

"But once I'd found the amplifier—a tubed integrated!—that also played to its strengths, I very much enjoyed my time with the Carmel 2."

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/yg-acoustics-carmel-2-loudspeaker-page-2#BhT8uVLCJuJ19aap.99  
Getting back to the point about amplifier power, I suggest you do your own calculations which is very very easy AND enlightening.  Most people never use more than 10 watts of power.  Playing music at 87dB is pretty damn loud. If there are any electrical engineers on this thread they know this.  

Put an SPL meter app on your phone and use this nifty calculator.  It allows you to add the appropriate amount of headroom too.  It's always good to arm yourself with knowledge especially when you go to a stereo store and the salesman knows less than you do.  

https://geoffthegreygeek.com/calculator-amp-speaker-spl/

I paired my 30.1 with Croft Integrated phono (45 watt) and it is a match made in heaven.Simply love it

Boaz

I’ve owned a few pairs of Harbeth speakers, initially I thought high powered solid state amps sounded best. That was, until, I tried the HL5+ with a high quality tube amp (Air Tight ATM-2). 

The Air Tight amp puts out 85 Watts, which was more than enough power for the Harebth to really sound their best.