Balanced cables

Do different brands/levels of balanced XLR ended cables going to and from differentially balanced components make a difference?
128x128stringreen
Am I correct that if an interconnect length is 50’ it is uncontroversial that XLR is the way to go?
Slaw....I hear the "metallic" sound from all sources.   I tried many mats and insist my bare Classic platter is best for me.
When running mic cables in my distant past, of 100m or more balanced was the way. And transformer balanced , too.
From a low impedance (100 ohms ) would keep the system quiet even after crossing and running alongside hundreds
of power cables.
IC balancing was cheaper but not as effective in industrial use.
In my experience moving to balanced from single ended prodiced a slight increase in articulation, most noticeably in the bass.
Through my many years being in the audio business, and listening to an even greater extent I always return to unbalanced interconnect cables for betters sound. Fortunately my Audio Research amplifiers and line stages have provisions for both so it makes a good test. I've done nearly all of my A/B testing using the same brand XLR vs. unbalnaced (RCA) connectors.