Building Maple stand need inexpensive wood supplier

I plan to replace my MDF shelves with Hardwood Maple. Prices on Ebay are high. Can you recommend a hardwood supplier with reasonable prices. I am in San Diego. 24x 18 x 1 1/2 to 2" thick.
kavakat1
Mitch2, what’s the name and location of your wood supplier in Michigan.  Always good to know sources in the neighborhood!
Johnson's Workbench, Charlotte Michigan
Some info;
The Longest Running Hardwood Lumber Company in Michigan.
Established in 1909, we are a specialty lumber yard providing access to over 100 domestic and exotic hardwood species, and have the edge with our top-quality plywood and veneer products.
Known for offering a unique combination of hardwoods, plywood, woodworking machinery, supplies, and hardware, our customers often claim they find the resources for their projects through us they can't find anywhere else.
The summer of 2007, founder L.L. Johnson's great grandsons, brothers Mark and Tim Johnson, took over the reins to the lumber mill in time to usher the company into their 100th year of business. Their fourth generation ownership bestowed the company with another notable achievement. Only 3% of family owned businesses in the U.S. survive to the fourth generation.
The also make cuts and for my last project they joined and planed the pieces which saved me a bunch of time and made the project much easier for me to complete.
kavakat1, 
The maple you're looking for comes from the Northeast down to the Mid Atlantic region. As akg_ca noted, air dried material is preferable and surprisingly different from kiln dried. It takes at least 2 years to air dry freshly sawn 2 inch thick maple so it may be tough to find a local supplier. You might be able to find a local woodworker who bought in bulk that can help you out for a reasonable price. Failing that, the Mapleshade blocks, seem to be very well made. 
Scott
Based upon the prices I have found, I am considering another material. Basalt pavers or slabs are heavier and higher density than granite.  They are light only on the wallet. I invite your thoughts and suggestions.