Best Network Music Streamer for Mcintosh Equipment

Hello,
I just demo'd Mcintosh MB100, nice... but is their another brand that's not so doggone expensive and yet better sound and perfect synergy for MC501's and C2500 preamp?

RFH
roddyboy
From what I have heard, the McIntosh MB100 is prone to many problems including network cutting in and out, freeze ups, and some say after one of the firmware upgrades, the device won't boot up.  I was told by more than 1 Mac person to steer clear.
Stereo5,
The big issue i ran into was the firmware upgrade. I spent 4-5 days working with Mcintosh support and Media Bridge Support to remove the downloaded firmware to no avail. Glad i decided to return it before it was too late only to face the other issues you described. This is why i’m looking for suggestions from you audiophiles in this forum..

I use a Sony HAPZ1ES in both my systems.  The interface is great, iPhone or iPad app always works and it plays all the formats.  The built in dac is excellent.  It got awards from both Stereophile and TAS plus others.  I see them here used for around 1200-1400.00.

I wish the Mac server worked like all the other Mac products as I would have one in my system.  I was told to stay away.