Quincy Jones Interview

gareneau
Post removed 
To excuse because of age and illness in the context of an amazing career...possibly...up to a point. But wholesale excuse without important caveats...no way! That because of an epic career one has the right to say whatever one wants...really?! It is precisely because of his stature and the importance of his career that his comments need to be scrutinized for truth. Not only where some of his comments (opinions), particularly those of a very personal nature, inappropriate for a public forum, but some of them have been and are currently being disputed; they cloud the significance of the comments that have real value.   Indisputably a giant in the music industry; but, again, think “Hollywood”.
Quincy Jones ain't bad as musician at all, but sayin' that MJ stole Billie Jean is I believe somewhat demential and I do feel sorry for old man.
Frogman, the funny thing about when your chain starts slipping, you're the last person to know it, and if you live long enough, it's going to happen.

I feel, as many jazz aficionados feel, that Quincy Jones is someone they know personally, and out of the decades we have known him, he has been one of the most intelligent and articulate jazz artists out of the many. Now when he starts to say things that are flat out goofy at age 85 after a brain aneurysm, the cause of this is quite apparent to me. I view this the same as I would anyone else who has recently acquired a disability.