Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
I haven't even shared this with Matt yet, but I was given a few sets of the feet that BEL ( Brown Labs) used back in the day.  Just inexpensive and simple hard rubber feet.  I installed them under my Ayre integrated as well as the Ayre QX5/20 and my Steven Nugent built Mac mini with Paul Hynes LPS.  

Each piece sounded a bit better.  Cleaner, tighter bass and a spec more stable soundstage.  Not huge differences, but positive ones.  These are a dirt cheap option for folks who have folded cases and don't have much money to play with.  I think that Timbre Audio in Houston, TX sells them.  

Get in touch with Joe Heusi or his son Michael  if you want to get a set.  They are really cool guys with a brand new, built from scratch show room.  (713) 523-0494. 

They have the Linn gear too. Matt, have you had the LINN in? I just realized that they have been left out and I know they do great digital. I have their lifestyle Kiko unit in the bedroom.  It's decent for what it is, but their big gear is really good stuff.  
Hi Mattnshilp,
I have really enjoyed your posts and videos. Have you had the opportunity or desire to review / listen to any Nordost products? Since you seem to be on a footers detour now I would like to know how the Sort Kones and Sort Fut compare to the Stillpoints, IsoAcoustics and others you have had in your system.
Linn and Meridian are both hard to come by. I’ve thought of them several times. For servers, I think part of the issue is that they are proprietary. You need an entire server
dac infrastructure to make it work. Even so, they both have great reputations and I’d love to hear the new references meridian DAC and a linn Server. I’ll try.
Benjamin from Mojo Audio here...

Just got one of our demo Mystique v3 DACs back from review.

We’ll be sending it out to Matt on Monday.

As soon as one of our demo Deja Vu music servers comes back, we’ll be sending it to Matt as well.

Looking forward to reading his impressions.
Matt, I can possibly get you the Linn set up.  I've head the ref Meridian a bunch and it's not my cup of tea at all.