A lot of hype about PS Audio, deservedly so ?

Hi, have been reading a lot about PS Audio BHK serie and their top Dac.
Do they deserve all the praise they are given, and do they hit way over their price class?

Also, how is the production quality?
gryphongryph
A big, big PS Audio fan. Been buying from them since the late 90's and have owned various power cords, power ports, soloists, power conditioning (P300/P600/P5), power bases & a DS Jr.  The free upgrades, trade in policies, customer engagement and service are top notch. I have routinely talked to the owner PM directly when needed.

I am moving away form their power conditioning though and have removed from my 2 channel audio system (at a suggestion from John R at Audio Connection). First with a Wiremold strip and now with an AQ Niagra 1000.  For an almost 20 year user of this technology it was fairly revelatory for me (improved flow, dynamics, liveness, etc).  AQ is making a very nice product as an alternative to power conditioning.

That said I still heartily recommend this company
I own the BHK-250 Amp and Pre Amp. 100 % satisfied.  PS Audio customer service is excellent... 0 complaints. Anyone in the market for a amp or pre amp, please give PS Audio a look as part of your research. 
My first PS Audio purchase was the DSJr, and it was a transformative experience. Using an old Cambridge Audio CD player as transport into this DAC was amazing. Even the wife took notice! Upgraded to DSD and DMP. Like other posters, I cannot believe the incredible SQ of my 30 year old CDs. I know a $6K DAC is generally not purchased for streaming services, but man-o-man does the DSD blur those lines in SQ between streaming and other sources. Have since purchased the BHK amp and pre.

Every call and e-mail, both pre and post purchase, was promptly handled by a knowledgeable and friendly rep. Their customer support is top shelf for sure. Audio gear, computer or widget, as a consumer I look for companies that have top quality products and support after the sale. PS Audio is in that select group for me. And Made in USA and a 30 day in home audition. Not many out there with those attributes. And they invite you to drop in and visit if you're in the area. I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker but am a big PS Audio fan.
Gryphongryph my recent purchase of PS Audios Direct Stream Memory Player and Direct Stream Dac senior wasn’t motivated by any hype I read about these components .
 While being aware of PS Audio over the decades I never had any interest at all in thier components however that changed when I listened to PS Audios source components at a dealer .i learned more about them and then arranged to audition them in my home .

Having owned players from EMM Labs & Esoteric ,PS Audio is the best digital playback I have owed so far and with the recent firmware update , I am absolutely thrilled with the Direct Stream components,.
Yes, it was their Dac that caught my eye too, I like the way that it is software upgradable.
Have not had separates before, I like to have a simple system as possible, therefore have been looking more into Luxman and Accuphase integrated amps, that are well made and get good reviews, must say I like that looks of them too ;-) also my speakers don’t need that much of power, how do you guys like the headphone output on the pre amp ?