GutWire Ultimate Grounding Cable

With the recent reviews, and positive reports from a couple of members here, I decided to take the plunge and order one. 

https://audiobacon.net/2017/12/09/gutwire-perfect-ultimate-ground-cables-review/

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/gutwire/1.html

Like others I have been intrigued by the positive reviews for grounding blocks from various companies, but the prices are prohibitive. I decided to spend the extra $100 for the Ultimate over the Perfect as both reviews say it offers significant improvement. I am planning on plugging it into an unused RCA input on my Antique Sound Labs autoformer passive pre. I'll post updates after I get it, and have broken it in.

tommylion
a25105,

Hard to say for sure until it’s fully broken in, but I think the UG on the SPDIF is going to make at least as much improvement as the one on my pre. It needs 50-100 hours before it really opens up and reaches it full potential. It's worth the wait, though.
My system is dead quiet and excellent SQ.  I tried grounding cable with RCA connector on several preamps and found sound is darken, high limited and not as airy.   Similar results with RCA grounding pins.  Like everything else, everything system dependent.
joecasey,

How long did you leave the cable(s) in your system? In my experience, cables (of any type) can sound like what you’re describing during the initial break-in period. I find that when you first put them in, they give you a little taste of what they will sound like after they are broken in. Then, things get strange, and the sound can vary all over the place, until they finally settle in.
Months so well broken in.  I'll play with it again in different positions and components.

More interesting is RCA shorting pins.  Had them in for months and sound opened up as each pair is removed.   I use RCA caps without shorting pins that reduces HF harshness/noise that some claim useless but works for me.  I trust my ear and can easily hear the improvements.  

FWIW, I use audiophile fuses and hear direction on some components so have open mind.