A lot of hype about PS Audio, deservedly so ?

Hi, have been reading a lot about PS Audio BHK serie and their top Dac.
Do they deserve all the praise they are given, and do they hit way over their price class?

Also, how is the production quality?
gryphongryph
@hk_fan curious to know which brands you consider “tried and true, blue chip”? For you where does innovation figure in to the tried and true equation?

When it comes to customer service, PS Audio is far more Lexus than BMW—spoken by someone who owns two BMWs. But when it comes to performance, driving on the road, I’ll take the BMW over the Lexus every time. To me as a PS Audio owner, they bridge the best of both worlds: great performance, excellent customer service, and priced within reason.
@gryphongryph 

My simplest digital set up so far. DAC direct to active speakers. Pitch black.

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/6257

I do get hiss from the TT when volume level is high - I don’t think you can avoid that.
I dont chime in on these normally but I do think PS Audio is worthy of praise.  Two years ago I did a major upgrade of my system.  I purchased the PS Audio BHK amp, BHK pre amp and the Direct stream Jr DAC.
After some tweaking and getting my turntable cartridge and phono stage right I cant imagine a better sounding system.  Audio nirvana.  If  you ever have a question it is easy to always get someone on the phone at PS Audio and they will spend as much time with you as you need.
If you ever need assurance that Paul is serious about his business just look at their forums.  He always chimes in.  Build quality is very robust.
I am a big fan of theirs.
Jbuhl, you are correct that PS Audio just assembles (and repairs) at their facility, however a significant portion (can’t say all since I don’t know specifics) of the manufacturing is done in the US. Machinery is expensive and the more advanced equipment, e.g., CNC, must be run continuously to be profitable. As such for a small company such as PS Audio it is cheaper to contract this type of work. 

I should also also add my voice to those who heartily endorse Paul and his company. He is an outstanding guy and everyone who works at PS Audio shares his love of music and his enthusiasm for making wonderful gear at (what we consider) affordable prices.  Absolutely recommended!