Putting your components inbetween your speakers.

Would like to know if there is any truth about putting your components inbetween your speakers will affect the imaging other than an amp between the speakers on the floor.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
@erik_squires  No disagreement about diffusers and absorbers, I know the difference, but here it was about putting your equipment between the speakers. As the equipment will never act as an absorber, it will diffuse the sound. I also agree that room acoustics will have a much bigger impact on the sound than what most people are aware of. Dare to experiment and you wil find out that with moving things around (at no costs but a bit of sweat) you may find a bigger improvement than investing in more expensive equipment. Unfortunately, most people don't have a dedicated studio for listening purpose, so moving things around is often limited by the lovely wife... 
According to Jim Smith , the author of the book, Get Better Sound, he states that you should not place your gear between your speakers.  It will have a negative affect on imagining.  FYI.

When you are referring to gear are you referring to components or both a stand with components. Because i have right now in my system a stand with a Krell KPS20i and a Rega Saturn r cd player. Then next to that i have 1 speaker B&W 800 Matrix ,then a stand with a Mark Levinson 38s preamp with 2 Krell B&W BAFs (Bass Alignment filters, then a Krell FPB 600 amp on the floor next to that ,then the other B&W 800 matrix speaker. If i moved my stand with the Mark Levinson 38s and Krell BAFs on the other side of the B&W 800 matrix so both stands will be on each side of the speakers it would cost me thousands extra in interconnect cables to go from the cd players that are one one side of the speakers all the way to the other side of the other speaker to connect to my preamp.to have both stands on each side of the speakers for the imaging. Would this really be worth it? Would i really hear that much of a difference ? or any at all? Its not something i can just try out because i dont have long enough interconnects. And all my interconnects and speaker cable are Straightwire Crescendo. Not cheap. Like i said i dont have alot of components inbetween my speakers , Just a preamp and the BAFs on a stand with the amp sitting on the floor . 
I will have pics up soon on my virtual system. I spoke to audiogon and they are having problems with uploading pics on the virtual system. They are working on it and should be ok by Tuesday thay say.