Thiel 2.3 vs 2.4

I have 3.5's and love the deep bass.
I am tempted though to go with a newer and more modern speaker.
Im seeing some good deals on the 2.3's and Im wondering how much of a difference there is between the 2.3's and 2.4's
I have heard the 2.4's at Thiel and they are an incredible speaker!
I have become a devoted Thiel fan so please no other speaker recommendations.
My main concern is losing the deep bass of the 3.5's.
I understand the 2.3's only go down to 36hz or so.
Thanks in advance!
david99
There are many 2.3's out there. And this makes it a good speaker.....B.O.S.E. No safety in numbers my friend

The 3.6 is a $4000

The 7.2 is a $14,000 speaker,

The question is; can the 7.2 beat the snot out of a $15,000 ATC,or Dynaudio and the answer is absolutely not even close.

I'm not bitter, puzzled to this day yes. Dissappointed we couldn't sell a sellable speaker. What should have been a sellable speaker.

And like I said I sold everybody anyway,so it was no big deal. Your attempt to find some negative motive is futile. Like that phrase in A Few Good Men, "you can't handle the truth", And I've gone to great lengths to show that my opinion was not formed by some single audition. And its funny but all this effort will prove out that you will believe what you want to to believe no matter what. What is funny is with all my experience selling speakers, building speakers and the literally hundreds of systems I have installed It cannot buy one inch of credibility with you in the end. I'm trashing Thiel, well actually I'm trashing the Thiel 2.3 and praising the 2.4. What you see before you is a very methodical exercise to show you the facts. And as the corner gets smaller and smaller your true feelings are squeezed out....you don't want to believe me.

Let me note that I have heard about 3 songs on Thiel 2.4's but I guess since we agree that its a good speaker I know what I'm talking about in that case.

So ignore me as some bitter dude and buy your 2.3's and be happy. As for hardcore audiophiles, what do they know? Everyone I ever met either ran out of the store afraid that everything he thought coming in was suddenly wrong or he left with a surround processor from me to replace his tube preamplifier.

Amati Homage: When you watched a DVD or played spoken word on them they lisped and sounded like mush mouth, we sent a pair back because it was so bad yet we were told it was fine. Maybe to some people that's a signature of a more "musical" speaker. I couldn't disgree more.

ML Prodigy: Tell me its better then the QuestZ at half the price and we'll have a huge disagreement

Aerial 10T: Used a Dynaudio Audience 52 and a Rel Strata II to trick some "hardcore audiophiles" into thinking they were listening to the 10T's. Then when I switched over to the 10T's they claimed our pair was broken because the Dyn's/Rel destroyed them head to head. I have more on this speaker. Well they weren't broken because a 10T owner bought his second pair and didn't notice a problem.

Krell Lat-1, Talon, Andra: If I have to explain? go listen for yourself first.

As for my character and trashing Thiel, who should I serve the manufacturer or the customer? You guys bitch and whine and have bad systems because people give you what you want they "Enable" you to buy the wrong thing. Like $500 power cords! The path of least resistence to get you out the door with less money. Is that what you want from your dealer? Let me make you feel more comfortable.

Look at all the press on the 2,3 its all positive. Crystal clear highs and coherent source design plus the Thiel heritage. How can you go wrong? I can tell you that no speaker images like the Thiel either its a known fact that a flat phase response is key to getting a stable wide image. The 2.3 are definitely a bargain at this price. They make all their own drivers in house which helped move them ahead of the lead pack because it cuts down on R&D time. Before they had to have samples sent from Scandanavia and that took time and cost money. Now all of the works is right in Kentucky, quadrupling the development speed of their speaker line. Let's listen to some music.

There you go brother. The light is green.
how then did other dealers move them?

We think (a collective answer of the staff through research) that those dealers carried speakers of equal of lesser quality to the Thiels. We on the other hand offerred a vastly superior speaker which would not let people circle back to the Thiel.

In fact we aksed how certain dealers did and the most successful dealers had weaker speakers than Thiel at that price range. I never said Thiel was the worst speaker. Also like our Levinson sales people just bought them without listening. Thiel had such a powerful marketing that people wanted to listen to them as a reference, then go look at other speakers. Dude I'm exhausted, I could write a research paper on this. Like I said the thought we put into making this work for us was immense and sincere.

We had much better speakers to offer and people bought them. That's why they didn't sell.
CINEMATIC
Again let me tell you how refreshing it is to hear(read) your words.You stick by your opinion despite the avalanche of reviewers.I too have heard most of the speakers you mention and agree with your assesments. In particular the 7.2 comment was right on. Audio is alot like wine tasting. People tend to collect and drink the wines others (critics) like. They also tend to use price as a gauge of quality. It's amazing how blind tasting will change peoples opinions. You take away their expectations and they are forced to decide for themselves if they really like the wine or not. If you like it then it is worth what you are willing to pay for it. All these critics, and the assumption that well known" manufacturers" really know better , has retarded my ability to learn what I really like for myself. I took me years to stumble on to my Wilson Benesch Chimeras because of them. I have never read a review of them but to my ears they were best for me.Trust no one,doubt everything. The audio world is full of pseudoscience and tons of people trying to get you to believe that that California Cabernet really is worth $800 because they say it is.
David my attempt here was not to beat you into submission, but more to make you understand all of the experience and thought that went into my original comment.

Let me state clearly, you may love the CS2.3's and you should listen to them.

McTeague loves his and many others do too.

But now you have about 20% of my experience with the speaker and all of this going on and on I hope helps you find the right speaker that you can keep for as long as your 3.5's.

Thanks Everyone who participated and commented
Happy New year