Nuvista Tubes - General

May I have opinions please on the pluses and minuses of Nuvista tubes versus vacuum tubes? Supposedly and from the basic homework I've done, Nuvista tubes purportedly offer high reliability, low microphony, low noise, consistency, and small size compared to their vacuum counterparts. So what's the down side? 
128x128gdhal
Hi @georgehifi 

Your reply is a bit "over-my-head", but I glean the gist of what you're saying/writing is to avoid designs that use nuvistor tubes? 

To your point about needing to have capacitor or transformer coupling, is this something unique to nuvistors? (meaning vacuum tubes do not have capacitor or transformer coupling)
Post removed 
To your point about needing to have capacitor or transformer coupling, is this something unique to nuvistors?
No, directed at all tubes, unless direct output coupled.

I don't believe anyone has made a tube amp/preamp that is direct coupled (no caps or transformers in the signal path) from input to output, like you can with solid state.

Cheers George 
Post removed 
@viridian 

Do you have an opinion (and care to share) of the Musical Fidelity amplifier products/designs that use nuvistor tubes? I'm currently using an M6si which I'm very happy with, but the "nuvista" series is their top-of-the-line offering. Thanks.