How good is the Obsidian plinth of Technics SP10 ?

Recently I heard an SP10 MK2 playing music at a friend's place. It was mounted on the stock Obsidian plinth. It actually sounded very good. I wonder how good is the Obsidian plinth compared to:

1. Typical after market birch ply plinths ?

2. Custom designed plinth like the Panzerholz plinths made by Albert Porter ?

Any ideas ?
pani
@nandric sorry ...I did not read well

@chakster maybe i’m interested  but I do not know them (I've only AT 606 or 605)   ..... it depends on how much weight they hold and of course the cost.
send me an email in pvt that we talk about.
Lewn,

How does the price of your plinth compare to the price of an OMA or Albert Porter plinth? 

I'm picking up a MK2 today and I'm looking into plinths, but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a plinth.

I worked directly with a quarry in Pennsylvania, Structural Slate in Bala Cynwyd, PA, I think.  They cut a slab to my specifications: 23x19X3, and honed both sides, as I recall.  I then contracted with a water jet company in York, PA, to cut the slate using a pdf file to program their water jet; I think that pdf was available for the Mk3 chassis from Soundfountain, on the internet.  So that cost me total less than $500.  I then contracted with an audiophile/carpenter in Houston to make me a base out of cherry wood and baltic birch with a cut-out for the mass of brass which acts to dampen the Mk3 bearing, a la Albert Porter's idea. Albert uses a piece of solid iron; I was leery of putting such a big hunk of iron so near to the magnetic rotor of the turntable, so I chose brass, etc, etc.  I drilled the underside of the slate slab for female threaded bushings that I glued into the slate with liquid weld, and I then bolted the wood base to the underside of the slate. Total cost was probably around $800, even including the piece of brass (from On-line Metals) that I drilled and tapped so a threaded rod could pass through it and contact the base of the bearing housing, a la Albert. I am not going to pretend there was not a lot of physical labor involved.
Thank you very much Lewn. It's good to know I don't have to spend crazy amounts of money to get a good plinth! Especially a slate one.
In my opinion, the Obsidian plinths of Technics circa 1980's were a complete sonic disaster.  Anemic, flat and homogenized sounding.  My first Technics Sp10Mk3 had one, it was abhorrent and I thought at first it was just the turntable.  After purchasing my first properly designed bespoke plinth ~ Panzerholz constrained layer based, it completely changed my mind about the potential of the Mk3 and what a direct drive can really sound like.  After that, I tried a Slate OMA plinth, and although it was neutral, focused and slightly better in my system that the Obsidian,  I completely lost the tonality of the Panzerholz and exotic wood based plinth I had owned prior.