What amp should be used with merlin vsm's?

Maybe merlin owners can help me with this, I am looking for an amp to go with my merlins. Should I get a belles 150a hotrod or sim w5 or a b&k st140. Are there any other amps I should look at? Which of these can bring me the best sound? I would like to get joule's vzn100 but am not financially ready, but if there is a tube amp that costs less- something under $3500 used, I would consider it.
pedrillo
george,
manley snappers are used by many and they sound rich, powerful and very balanced. i can strongly recommend them to anyone wanting a more weighted presentation. the berning is lighter and faster and a little more airy, this will appeal to many also. atma ma 1, 2s are superb as well as joule amps. lots to choose from here.
and george, vsms have been made for 13 years and there are thousands of pairs in the us alone. too bad you never heard them with a super bam as they sound a lot fuller due to the 30% reduction in powersupply regulation. pich definition in the bass is up considerably.
regards,
bobby
I recently moved from Cary Sixpacs to Quicksilver (6C33C0) Triodes and have found the change to be terrific. I also know that Bobby really likes the 6C33C tube. Clear, impactful with a beautiful midrange. The sixpcs were really good (seducctive and velvety) I just think that the Quickies are more live.
Pedrillo, I'd give a listen to the Quicksilver V4 tube amps, which put out 120 watts per chanel. They are very liquid, have very good 3-dimensionality, and a convincing presence. They are about $4000 used, but worth it.

waltcertain
BAT VK60 or VK75 with V-Cap TFTF coupling caps. I'm using a recapped VK75SE with VSM-MXs. Transparent, neutral, authoritative with Merlins, particularly when biwired. Hardly a typical configuration, though.