Speaker distance

What are your current speakers and what is the distance between them?
markj941
Let me add an addendum to my original post.

What are the disadvantages of having to little or to much space
between your speakers?

geoffkait.....................................

Sandy Gross from Golden Ear says the further apart the Triton series of speakers, the better.  He recommended 11 feet apart to me.  As it isn't practical in my room, 8 feet apart was the best I could accomplish.

Maybe so. Maybe not. I didn’t say all speakers should be close together. What I said was one needs to start off with speakers closer together and work outwards. Otherwise, you’ll miss the sweet spot. My point was people tend to assume farther apart is better so they place them as far apart as they can in their room. Besides it all depends. You obviously can’t have 11 feet between them in a small size room. It also depends on how far from room boundaries they should be. Capish?
I have 3 pair of speakers,  they are all 3 home brew,  an mtm with 7" mid-bass drivers & ScanSpeak dome,  A 10" 3 way with Aluminum mids and ribbon tweeter and a 12 inch 2 way with Old ESS Heil AMT.  All 3 work very well in my current position.  
Speakers are 129 inches apart measuring tweeter center to center.  Then they are 129 inches to my ears. On one side of the room, speaker is 39 inches from a partial sidewall, on the other side, the room opens to another room,  the wall behind the speakers is right at 5 feet.  Depending on speakers,  I run them from a full tow in (pointed at my ears) to about a 15 degree tow from facing straight forward (slight tow).... I have found that for the most part,  I prefer to pull farther apart being careful that soundstage doesn't fold in and that I can keep fairly close to equilateral triangle. Images still project outside of speakers and I prefer the larger stage, Imaging is first rate.  I have changed Placement on them quite dramatically a few times and have used the XLO disc.  Overall,  as long as I can get my room treatments decent,  I prefer the method that I've mentioned. I hope this helps someone. Tim 
What are the disadvantages of having to little or to much space
between your speakers?
It will not sound as "correct" as it otherwise *could*.