Need recommendation for amplifier

One of my NuForce monoblock amplifiers seems to be irreparable.  I need to get a new amplifier.
 I’m looking in the one to two thousand dollar range, new or used.
Any recommendations for a decent amplifier in that price category?
128x128rvpiano
Unless you need a lot of power, a First Watt amplifier (used, demo, or new) would be a major step up for you.  I think the J2 is still in production.  I own the J2 and M2, and I have a pair of XA60.8 amps. 
All of a sudden, after playing the unit for several hours, the amp seems to have kicked in. Sounds much better.
Who new?
Hi rvpiano,  thanks for your response, so I guess you did heard the Nuforce sta 200 but was not what you expected? 
And if you mind, When you say "sound much better" you mean is not bright any more?
After using the Red Dragons for two days virtually non-stop,
I’ve come to some conclusions.  I know it’s much too soon to make a really informed evaluation, but I think I know the basic character of the amp.
Even though it “kicked in” from it’s original cold start, it seems to have a brightness that I find impossible to listen to. It’s not because it’s a class D amp.  The amps I’ve had for several years (NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks) are also Class D and they have just the right character to my taste.  The Red Dragons would have to go a very long way to reach that level.
I’m now considering a Belles Hot Rod amp available on  Audiogon recommended by Schubert and Johnny from Audio Connection.