Need recommendation for amplifier

One of my NuForce monoblock amplifiers seems to be irreparable.  I need to get a new amplifier.
 I’m looking in the one to two thousand dollar range, new or used.
Any recommendations for a decent amplifier in that price category?
128x128rvpiano
Evidently Red Dragon dispatched the amps as soon as I put the order in but didn’t inform me because they had a death in the family.  So, fortuitously, when I wrote them that I changed my mind and told them I wanted them, they emailed me to say they had already been sent.
Interestingly, Klaus from Odyssey is giving me a hard time about canceling his amp, even though I canceled only hours after I bought it.
I’m definitely trying out the Red Dragons.  Hopefully, they’ll sound at least as good as my NuForce and I’ll keep them.  I really don’t like playing musical chairs with equipment.
Hi rvpiano,

Which Odyssey did you order?
     Klaus should not be giving you a hard time about  a full refund. 
;If you paid with a credit card and he continues to give you a hard time, you can always register a dispute and they'll deal with Klaus and the refund.

I'm glad you're going to audition the Red Dragons.  Compared to the Odyssey, I think you'll be pleased not only with the sound but also with the money you'll save on both the purchase price and electricity as long as you own them.

Since you have 45 days to decide whether you like them in your system or not, you might as well just relax and enjoy the process. 
    Please report back on your impressions once you've had a thorough audition.  
Later,
 Tim     
I'm looking to improve my amp and  basically I'm in the same path as you,  but I need more time and money to pull the trigger.  So just a recommendation,  read about the Nuforce sta 200,  even I'm on your budget also this amp for 500 usd might be my  bet. If you can compare it with the red dragon please report your impressions. 
Regards 
IMO the NuForce sta 200 for $500 is amazing. It was very close to my  NuForce monoblocks, which I loved, that were four times the price.  Of course my preamp and downstream components had something to do with the final result.
As far as the Red Dragons are concerned, I just got them and can’t make an informed judgement. They’re very promising but not ready for prime time yet.
I would have no absolutely no hesitation in recommending the sta 200 though.
If you’re on a tight budget I’d definitely try it.  On Amazon you have months to return it, and If you’re on Amazon Prime, it costs nothing to return it.
First impressions of the Red Dragon:

At this point, very bright and revealing; Excellent definition and soundstaging,
Good bass control.
I just hope it calms down to a more subdued presentation.
So far, not as pleasing as my former amps.
Whether it’s just too revealing or it’s not broken in yet, I don’t know.
I have 45 days to decide what to do.