Ground Hum with Rega RP6, Exact and TT PSU.

Greetings.

Just purchased a Rega RP6, Exact, TTPSU and I am getting a HELL of a hum. I am using an Aragon 47K Phone pre amp. I unplugged the wall wart and the cable which goes from the table and it is still there. I seems to get worse when I turn it on and the tonearm gets close to the center of the arm spindle and it picks up a lot of motor noise. Just sold a 28 year old Linn Axis with a Signet Cartridge and never had this issue with just the normal hiss associated as you turn up the volume. It's not noticeable a lower volumes but it is there during quiet passages and it is extremely annoying. The table sounds way better but the noise is very intrusive and honestly I am disappointed after dropping almost $2000. Thanks in advance
pivetta
Greetings again.

After trying everything discussed lately there is a chance that I will return the table and exchange it for something else. My dealer has been very gracious through the whole process and will take the table back if needed. He even stopped by my house this morning and agreed that the hum is unacceptable. We have exhausted every possible scenario and even one of his RP3 in the store hums using an Elys 2. 

As I mentioned earlier I really like the sounds of the table and with music playing you don't notice the hum even during quiet passages. My wife who has an incredible ear also loves it.

As far as their design some folks complain that you can not do a lot of adjustments and since I have a Rega cartridge this remains a non issue. If I decided on another cartridge there are shims available to adjust the VTA. 

The questions remaining are: Do I like the table enough to deal with the shortcomings  or look at something else??

My dealer's other options are Music Hall, Project and The Marantz TT-15 S1. The latter sounds fantastic and it's pretty much a Clearaudio with a very expensive cartridge and tonearm. 
The other two can be purchased in packs or super packs depending of the table/cartridge package. 

I would keep it in the same price range and here we go again. 

Anyone has had experiences with the models above?? I have read lots of positive comments about the Marantz and I am looking for musicality not HI-FI jargon. Thanks again for your patience and comments. 

@ les-creative-edge

The True/Square design is fine and dandy if the stylus is perfectly aligned within the cartridge body, but good luck with that. This is why azimuth adjustment is vital to me. I can put on a test record and plug in my Fozgometer and quickly adjust azimuth to equally balance both channels in a minute or two. Now I do have a slight advantage, as my arm is a Reed 3P so I can adjust on the fly. If I was using another arm, it would be a more time consuming affair, but non the less, I would be able to get near perfect accuracy (if there really is such a thing) I too am a bit on the anal side! LOL

As for the VTA adjust, I must respectfully disagree. I can hear a difference on different thicknesses of vinyl, and  insist on being able to compensate for this with VTA on the fly. I don't want to be inserting or removing shims for different albums.

Bye the way, good work with your DIY dust cover fix. I do not use a dust cover myself, but I did get a plexi-glass cover for my platter, and it extends over toward my tone arm,bends up, and then bends over to cover my tonearm (hope you can picture that) Obviously this goes on when the turntable is not being used. Well, guess what? When I put the Reed on my TT the VTA dlal on top of the column was too high!!  had to drill a 1 inch hole in the plexi-glass so it could slip over the knob.

Gotta love this hobby!!

I have a Rega that hums close to the center with a Grado cartridge; but close to the center is past the record playing grooves. A HELL OF HUM sounds like you don't have your table grounded.
Pivetta, since I have a Rega that I'm quite satisfied with, I would like to know the outcome of your hum problem.