Vienna Die Muzick flagship speakers

Looks like the new flagship speaker from Vienna Acoustics are going on sale in North America in September or October
for $27K. If I interpret correctly the blurb found at:
http://www.sumikoaudio.net/va/prod_themusic.htm
they seem to be almost like single driver speaker with multi-driver extensions. a flat midrange driver covers 7 octaves from about 100Hz to 20Khz. If I understand correctly, the flat driver is expected to exhibit a pistonic movement, which in turn is designed to eliminate phase distortion caused by uneven excursion/timing between the rim and the center of the driver. The bass goes down to 18Hz through 3 10 inch drivers in a separate enclosure; if these bass drivers are similar to those found in the Mahlers and Strausses, they are also flat pistonic drivers. At the top there is a Mirada supertweeter extending to 100K.

I have heard that final production units will be shown/heard for the 1st time both at SEDIA and RMAF in September and October in Denver in the Sumiko/Soundings Suites. I won't attend SEDIA, but will be at RMAF.

I heard 2nd hand very favorable remarks about them from industry insiders that heard prototypes at CES and the past Montreal show. Has anyone heard these speakers already?
please post your findings here.

And if you were asking, the answer is a very sad NO. . . my wife won't let me buy them! G.
guidocorona
Hi John, What's on PFO is the only writing specific to the Muzik that I have completed. Never the less, Muzik is, and will remain for years, my speaker reference... Recently, I have been using the Muzik for the evaluation of a couple of other products, and my upcoming PFO articles will point to the Muzik as my reference.

By the way, I will receive on Friday the Rowland M925 440W quad-chassis monoblocks. Believe it or not, I wil (kind of) biwire them to the Muzik, bi connecting Aural Symphonics Chrono speaker wires via bananas, and Cardas Golden Refs via spades.... To the only binding post of each speaker... Already tried by driving the speakers with Merrill Veritas monos and Rowland M725 monos, and the connection works perfectly.

My log of the M925 break-in progress can be found at:
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?10653-Rowland-M925-monoblock-amplifiers-Break-in-Notes

G.
Hi Guido,
You are so lucky! I am so totally absolutely green with envy! Ah well, in my next life......maybe.
Hi John and all, my Rowland M925 amps have been delivered last Friday. They will be connected to the Vienna Die Muzik in the next few days. Fact is that using M925 on Muzik was my original plan all along, as soon as I started to look at Muzik for my system... So the arrival of the M925 is a dream come true!

I have started a thread here on Audiogon where I will log my experiences with the creatures. Join me at:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1369518273&openusid&zzGuidocorona&1&&

Saluti, G.
Stringgreen, are you wondering if I might need to commence formal marital restructuring? Funny thing is that yesterday, my better half initiated totally unbidden complimentary comments about the sound of the amps.... Barely 10 minutes after "first sound". This is a real first!

On the other hand, her sunny disposition towards my recent madness perhaps is because I have recently come out of retirement, and am now working full time again *grins!*

G.