Store auditioning and then buying on-line from others. How do you feel about it ?

Doesn't look too pretty, but who cares, right ?
inna
By the way, I would pay them for the audition not because I care about them, which I don't, but because I would want to buy an hour for serious listening without any interference.
The whole B&M buying experience is in rough shape after being assaulted - first by the big box stores and later by internet sales.  As margins began to decline we started seeing lower paid, younger salespersons with less knowledge about the products.  The internet has not only resulted in many manufacturers selling direct, without the added cost of a dealer network, but it also offers a vast amount of information on just about any product.  An astute internet researcher can usually learn more about a product on-line than they would learn from a salesperson.  Also, B&M stores simply cannot carry the variety of different gear a buyer can consider when researching and purchasing equipment on-line.  The main advantage of a B&M store is the ability to hear products prior to purchasing but on-line dealers have largely overcome that advantage by offering in-home auditions and 30-day money-back options.

Some folks like the B&M experience and wouldn't consider purchasing high-end audio equipment on-line.  Many however have increased their knowledge about different gear because of the internet and are more comfortable purchasing gear on-line. My personal solution was to simply stop visiting B&M stereo shops.  One could argue that I may have actually made less mistakes and saved money had I continued to purchase my gear from B&M stores, where I could hear the gear first.  I am not sure that would have been as much fun, and I certainly wouldn't have been exposed to such a wide variety of different gear. 
Although nobody is "obligated" to support a dealer by purchasing products from a B&M store,  they should not abuse the hospitality of the B&M store by shopping there with no intention to purchase from the store.

Judging by some threads more and more people are buying unheard, including speakers, and often quite expensive stuff, both used and new. 
No, no abuse by either side. I don't want relations with dealers, all I want is the possibility of one hour uninterrupted audition and fair price. City boy attitude.
I agree with Mitch2. The market has changed dramatically. Personally I would add that many people have come to realize that at least on the electronics side there is little point in listening tests or demos (I know many here disagree). As long as I can find some good science and engineering based reviews with measurements to be sure I am not buying into some snake oil product, I am fine with buying electronics online. And I agree it is only fair not to abuse the hospitality of brick and mortars shops. I don’t do that with audio, but also not with one of my other passions, outdoor gear.
Speakers are, of course a different story. At the same time a listening comparison is not that easy. To do it properly, the output level of the speakers you are listening to would have to be equalized to within 0.2 dB, and that is quite an arduous job that I have never seen any shop do. If they did, that would be a good argument for a brick and mortar shop. I did a listening test when I bought my subwoofer, but knowing what I know now, that was a futile exercise, because what I was really hearing was the room interaction rather than the sub itself.
So like it or not we are largely groping in the dark with little to help us reduce the playing field. Sadly, there are very few serious hifi publications left that provide more than subjective (and often paid for) waffle.
As a small business owner, if you do this enough times, you'll only be able to audition from online stores.  Once all the local stores are killed off, you'll only have online retailers, who will only carry a few brands, so you'll have less to choose from.  Then you'll whine that you can't find brand X anywhere.  You'll have done this to yourself and everyone else.