Help needed for a skeptic!

I admit I am a cable skeptic and think spending $6k on a set of interconnects is loonie!
I have a set of YG Anat 3’s driven by Chord amps. I am using a Krell Foundation pre-amp. It is driven by a Chord DSX-1000. I have good hardware. I have been reluctant to spend too much on wire do to mu  meeter going off every time I look. I am using balanced interconnects. Mostly Straightwire. My question is what would those who post suggest for speaker wire. I do Bi-Amp my YG’s Right now I am using some Nordost flat cable knock offs. My sound is great but I think a little compressed for my equipment. If one were to try an upgrade on speaker wire under $1000 to bi-amp what are your suggestions?
drjsmd
@cleeds - listening tests.  I have used both solid-core as well as stranded conductors in both power cords and interconnects.  The stranded conductors have a brighter sound that is more "solid state".  The solid-core conductors just have a more "solid" sound (no pun intended).  The sound is fuller and just more natural.  I have even used extremely high end Furutech OCC copper for stranded wire.  It doesn't make a difference.

For additional data, I have an Emotiva XPR-1 amp that powers two subwoofers.  I have been using the Beldon 10awg stranded speaker wire (available from Blue Jean Cable).  I just recently converted to using some very old Audioquest Midnight 10awg cable.  The increase in bass strength, power and quality was absolutely outstanding! 

http://www.audioquest.com/archives/speaker_cables/spiraled_hyperlitz/images/midnight_c.jpg

The Audioquest Midnight is all solid-core conductor design that 17awg, 19awg and 21awg conductors (3 x 17awg for bass). 

I would agree based on my own results that solid core copper usually increases bass depth and strength.
I once tried anticables solid copper speaker cables and had to remove as the increase in bass was actually overpowering the rest of the dynamics.
Just shows what cables can do as a "tuning"component in your system
@folkfreak -   It's been my experience, that the prices they've listed online, aren't set in stone either.   Then again: that may depend on one's contact within the company.  YEAH-  I'm glad they're competitive too!   Happy listening!